Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-27 04:40:50

ManiticMath

The Unfortunate adventurers 2

A band of adventurers was getting ready to raid a goblin camp. They had learned their lesson from their last adventure and brought a wizard to detect magically concealed traps. However, the wizards mind was slightly disorganized from a potion he had tested on himself, so he could only communicate by writing, and even that wasn't very clear.As the adventurers approached the camp, they saw a large clearing with a few trees. Here is  what the wizard wrote.

Tuhiefrsef ijst ab pqijtu fgablmlm tursabpq bcefnoefabtuhi tuhief opabkl tursefef. Tuhief bcijrscdhi tursefef ijst efnocdhiabnotuefde tuop abtutuabcdkl abpqpqrsopabcdhiijnogh pqefoppqlmef. Tuhiefrsef ijst ab cdopnocdefablmefde ghopbclmijno lmopopklopuvtu bcyz tuhiabtu pqopnode.

The adventurers quickly figured it out and took a safe way to the goblin camp.

What was the message, and what did the potion do to the wizard?

Last edited by ManiticMath (2014-04-27 04:48:18)

When ever I see a brand new new math problem, I want to solve it. Then I want to burn it. Then I want to rebuild it in a new, more streamlined way.

#2 2014-04-27 10:16:27

phrontister
Real Member

Re: The Unfortunate adventurers 2

Hi ManiticMath,

Last edited by phrontister (2014-04-27 23:14:07)

"The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do." - Ted Nelson

Board footer