Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-02 20:00:12

phrontister
Real Member

Smileys

Hi MathsIsFun;

The BBCode gives a list here (accessed by pressing the 'Smilies' button near the bottom of a thread) of 12 smileys that the forum recognises; but there are more, too, as per this thread, which lists the BBCode's 12 first, then 16 others:

smile  neutral  sad  big_smile  yikes  wink  hmm  tongue  lol  mad  roll  cool  dizzy  eek  kiss  roflol  rolleyes  shame  down  up  touched  sleep  wave  swear  tongue  what  faint  dunno

Could the 16 others (and maybe more?) be added to the list?

Thanks. smile

Last edited by phrontister (2016-03-02 20:16:49)

"The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do." - Ted Nelson

#2 2016-03-05 02:13:32

mathaholic

Re: Smileys

I know right. I actually forgot some smiley syntax, so yeah, we need it...

Mathaholic | 10th most active poster | Maker of the 350,000th post | Person | rrr's classmate
smile

#3 2016-03-05 20:25:25

Bob
Administrator

:)  :|  :(  :D  :o  ;)  :/  :P  :lol:  :mad:  :rolleyes:  :cool:  :dizzy  :eek  :kiss  :roflol  :rolleyes  :shame 
 :down  :up  :touched  :sleep  :wave  :swear  :tongue  :what  :faint  :dunno

smile  neutral  sad  big_smile  yikes  wink  hmm  tongue  lol  mad  roll  cool  dizzy  eek  kiss  roflol  rolleyes  shame  down  up  touched  sleep  wave  swear  tongue  what  faint  dunno

Happy smiling smile  but don't overdo it up  Whoops I think I just have shame

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#4 2016-03-06 18:56:41

Monox D. I-Fly

Ah, the classic SMF smilies... I miss them so much... big_smile

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

Board footer