Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-03-17 05:32:39

Monox D. I-Fly

Re: Happy Pi Day!

Still doesn't understand how does it apply to which part in my case.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#52 2016-03-17 05:51:32

Primenumbers

Monox D. I-Fly wrote:

Actually, people often call her ugly, she is fat and black.

I think bobbym was just commenting on this.

"Time not important. Only life important." - The Fifth Element 1997

#53 2016-03-17 06:28:08

bobbym
bumpkin

Yes, it will be difficult for her but stupid criticism is to be ignored. We all have received tons of that. On the other hand constructive criticism is to be remembered.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#54 2016-03-17 15:24:16

Monox D. I-Fly

Well, actually she is more mad when I call her beautiful rather than when people call her ugly.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.

#55 2016-03-17 18:28:30

bobbym
bumpkin

Nothing weird about that, girls are a bit quirky at times.

#56 2016-03-18 01:56:01

Monox D. I-Fly

bobbym wrote:

Nothing weird about that, girls are a bit quirky at times.

Yeah, even she herself admitted it:

Monox D. I-Fly wrote:

Her: ("I don't always" meme) "I don't always try to understand women. But when I do, it terrifies and confuses me"

#57 2016-03-18 04:02:21

bobbym
bumpkin

You can imagine our problem then, we do not have the luxury of rarely having to analyze them. We have to do it every time.

#58 2016-03-18 04:22:57

Monox D. I-Fly

Well, at least she is the type who tends to say what's in her mind rather than the sulky "whatever" type.

#59 2016-03-18 04:25:18

bobbym
bumpkin

Hmmm, "whatever" and "fine" are some trigger phrases for them. Means they are really annoyed.

#60 2016-03-18 05:47:40

Monox D. I-Fly

Yes, though sometimes she also does it a bit.

#61 2016-03-18 06:06:10

bobbym
bumpkin

They are I think the phrase is, "high maintenance."

#62 2016-03-18 12:41:57

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

bobbym wrote:

Hmmm, "whatever" and "fine" are some trigger phrases for them. Means they are really annoyed.

I like the word "whatever"

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#63 2016-03-18 12:55:11

bobbym
bumpkin

When they are annoyed always made me grin.

#64 2016-03-18 13:04:39

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Yes, especially the dip hair in inkwell thing

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'

#65 2016-03-18 13:09:59

bobbym
bumpkin

I sat behind my favorite gal for many years in class and never dipped her hair in ink.

#66 2016-03-18 14:08:54

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Why not?

#67 2016-03-18 14:23:38

bobbym
bumpkin

We did not waste ink back then.

#68 2016-03-18 14:57:39

Monox D. I-Fly

Agnishom wrote:
bobbym wrote:

I like the word "whatever"

whatever

#69 2016-03-18 16:29:27

bobbym
bumpkin

Whatever is fine with me.

#70 2016-05-29 02:52:58

Monox D. I-Fly

Five days ago, when we were chatting on Facebook, this conversation happened.
Me: "Hahaha... Just when I wanted to comment "You always match the language with your conversation partner during chatting, don't you", you start using Indonesian again... XD " (we use Javanese before)
Her: "That's reflexive. However if they are my friends who don't know Javanese, I do it on purpose (using Javanese) to troll them."
Me: "I remember your question during your high-school time, "Can you speak Javanese?" XD Even with someone who knows Javanese like me, sometimes you choose to reply with Kanji instead... ~_~ "
Her: "Practice."
Me: "What do you think I am currently learning Kanji for? Just in case you reply me with Kanji again... XS "
Her: "I mean I am the one who practice."
Me: "Yeah... And I am unwittingly dragged to be the victim of the practice... hmm "
Her: "It is increasing your knowledge. >.< "
Me: "Okay then, thanks... Honestly sometimes I want to "take revenge" on you by replying with Arabic, but..."
Her: "Go ahead. But whether my reply still makes sense or not is another business."
Me: "But... I am still confused how to type after right to left setting back to left to right setting... Not to mention that you may be sulking... You are scary when you are sulking... :3 "
Her: "I think it's not that much... It's just my face which looks cold."
Me: "Still cute, though... :3 "
Her: "No way, I am fat like this. My face must have gotten uglier do to the college assignment. #haaah "
Me: "It's okay to be fat... Beautiful girls who are fat are rare, you know... :3 You made me curious just what your face looks like now... We seldom meet each other, after all..."
Her: "Just like before + acne + blacker."
Me: "Beautiful girls who are black are also rare... :3 "
Her: "Well, after a long time... Actually I am glad inside that there is someone who compliments me like that."
Me: "After a long time what? Cie... Yet back then when I said that you were "kirei", you yelled at me instead... hmm "
Her: "That's why I said after a long time. I thought that I didn't deserve the word beautiful. That's the fact, thought.
Me: "Hehe... I'm sure that there are others than me who think that you are beautiful... :3 "
Her: "Yes... My sisters."
Me: "I admit that you are black and fat, and I also define beauty physically... However, the definition of beauty for me is neither body shape or skin color, but the shape of face... And if I look at your face, you are indeed beautiful... smile "
Her: "A bit ironic since my schoolmates during middle school and high school said that my face was as cynical as a step-mother's and evil mother-in-law's. There was even someone who said that my face looked pervert... What did it mean. @_@ "
Me: "Sorry in advance, to be honest when you were a middle school I also thought that your face was scary (we had met each other 2 times during that period)... However, like what I said in the seafood restaurant back then, the first time I saw you veiled when you were in 11th grade I was a bit charmed, hehe..."
Her: "Giving the "Don't get close to me, don't speak to me, stay away from me." aura."
Me: "Well, if I may be honest... If I may be honest, actually when you went to the laptop service back then before we went to Tomodachi I was surprised to see you smile... At the time I thought, "This girl can smile... And... so cute..." ."
Her: "Maybe you were just surprised... Wkwkwkwk..."
Me: "I said so... That's why in Tomodachi I said, "I have known you for 6 years and this is the first time I see you smile..."."
Her: "It was indeed seldom when we met face to face, but in chat didn't I often smile... Or laugh?"
Me: "However I didn't know your true expression... And you have said that you like using XD emoticon in chat because other people don't know what's your true expression in the real world..."
Her: "Face everything with XD and :v for chat. Oh, don't forget T.T ."
Me: "Ah, dat viral emoticon... Which is now being connotated with meme newbie... hmm T.T is actually a crying face but people who don't know might think it's an abbreviation..."
Her: "I don't use it anymore... The emoticons are automatic now. Do you often visit Ttumblr?"
Me: "Automatic? Now I am curious whether is your mobile phone really old-type or not. yikes No... I prefer forum..."
Her: "There is a Facebook page named The Best of Tumblr, quite enough to do face gymnastics. It's still old-type, not new-type yet..."
Me: " "Face gymnastics"? What do you mean? You said old-type but back then you said that changing the Japanese typesetting to Latin was complicated so you didn't want to do that, could old-type mobile phones even do that? yikes "
Her: "Just see the images there. Mireba wakaru. I did that via laptop."
Me: "I don't know much about tumblr. Heck, I don't even know how to pronounce it. Is it "Tumbler"? Sounds like "umbel"... :v "
Her: "That's why just see the page. Tumblr is a blog"
Me: "I've ever tried, and my modem couldn't keep up... T_T "
Her: "Most of them are images... Though the images only consisted of texts."
Me: "That's why my modem couldn't keep up..."
Her: "Try other times when you were in an internet cafe or places."
Me: "Okay beautiful girl... (Hope this time you don't get mad I call you like this) "
Her: "After the long (?) explanation just now... No way I get mad."
Me: "Just in case... hmm May I call you like that? "No way I get mad" is ambigous, does it mean "I won't get mad" or "No way, I get mad"?
Her: "Did you see a comma there?"
Me: "No, does that mean I may? big_smile "
Her: "Yes."
Me: "Hehe, okay beautiful girl... :3 "
Her: "I need to fix my proposal now, I have a class at 07.00 A.M. tomorrow."
Me: "Okay...!!! big_smile Keep spirit... If you meet any difficulty just contact me, I might be able to help... smile "

Board footer