Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-27 02:16:45

Hermione

School project

HELLO
I am student and I have a school project where I need a demonstration of how to solve the constrained cube 90 mathematically.
If you can either provide me with help or guide me to someone that can help me with the demonstration I'd really appreciate it.
Thank you

#2 2016-11-27 02:23:41

Bob
Administrator

Re: School project

hi Hermione

Welcome to the forum.

I had to google that name but it seems to be a Rubik cube.

I can tell you how but the explanation will take many posts.

EDIT: Just had a look at a u tube video.  Seems you haven't got freedom to rotate a face any way you want.  In which case, what are the constraints?  This site has an explanation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mun_STaL9qI

Bob

Last edited by Bob (2016-11-27 02:29:17)

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2016-11-27 19:13:13

iamaditya

What is constrained cube 90????

Practice makes a man perfect.
There is no substitute to hard work
All of us do not have equal talents but everybody has equal oppurtunities to build their talents.-APJ Abdul Kalam

#4 2016-11-27 20:41:05

Bob
Administrator

I googled the name and found that it is a Rubik cube with constraints that stop the faces from turning both ways.  Since three clockwise turns of 90 is equivalent to one anticlockwise turn of 90, I assume the constraint has something more complex, to prevent this trick.  I haven't actually tried one myself so I'm hoping the poster will enlighten us.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer