Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-27 07:09:18

liza2020

Please check geometry questions

My teacher responded to some questions and I wanted you guys to check my new responses.

Imagine you have been called as a expert witness in a court case.  Your expertise is in the area of planes (not airplanes, just planes in geometry).  You have been asked the following questions.  Your task is to convince the jury that there is, in fact, a plane.  You must prove all three of the definitions of a plane given in Lesson 1.  You may need to include some other definitions such as the definition of an angle, a ray, etc.

14.  Question from the lawyer:  "Dr. Expert, I only see three parallel lines here.  Terry said that having these three parallel lines mean you have a plane.  I enter Exhibit A which shows three definitions of a plane.  From what I see, none of these definitions say that three parallel lines define a plane.  Explain how the definitions in Exhibit A prove that three parallel lines define a plane."   (This question is worth 3 points.)

15.  Question from the lawyer:  "Dr. Expert, I only see an angle between 0° and 180° here.  Kelly said that having this angle means you have a plane.  I enter Exhibit A which shows three definitions of a plane.  From what I see, none of these definitions say that an angle defines a plane.  Explain how the definitions in Exhibit A prove that an angle defines a plane."   (This question is worth 3 points.)

#2 2018-05-27 23:58:43

Bob
Administrator

Re: Please check geometry questions

hi liza2020

Welcome to the forum.

Pplease also post the definitions you have been given.  That way I can try to get from the definitions to the statements given.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer