Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-25 00:07:10

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Sundry Jokes - 8

Q: What is always coming, but never arrives?
A: Tomorrow!
Q: What can be broken, but is never held?
A: A promise.
Q: What is it that lives if it is fed, and dies if you give it a drink?
A: Fire.
Q: What can one catch that is not thrown?
A: A cold.
Q: What is it that if you have, you want to share me, and if you share, you do not have?
A: A secret.
Q: What is it that if you have, you want to share me, and if you share, you do not have?
A: Survivors are not buried.
Q: If you have a bowl with six apples and you take away four, how many do you have?
A: The 4 you took away.
Q: If you had only one match and entered a dark room containing an oil lamp, some kindling wood, and a newspaper, which would you light first?
A: The match.
Q: If you spell “sit in the tub” s-o-a-k, and you spell “a funny story” j-o-k-e, how do you spell “the white of an egg”?
A: A-l-b-u-m-e-n or E-g-g w-h-i-t-e.
Q:  If Mrs. John’s bungalow is decorated completely in pink, with the walls, carpet, and furniture all shades of pink, what color are the stairs?
A: There are no stairs, because bungalows do not have a second floor.
Q: How could a man go outside in the pouring rain without protection, and not have a hair on his head get wet?
A: He was bald.
Q: How was it possible that every single person in an airplane crash died, but two people survived?
A: The two survivors were married.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer