Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-01 00:24:47

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Crayon Jokes

Q: Why did Mrs. Tomato turn red?
A: She saw Mr. Green Pea!
Q: Where do crayons go on vacation?
A: Color-ado!
Q: What do you call purple when it is being mean?
A: Violent.
Q: What kind of berry has a coloring book?
A: A crayon-berry.
Q: Why do oranges wear suntan lotion?
A: Because they peel.
Q: What kind of dog chases anything red?
A: A Bulldog.
Q: Why did Julius Caesar buy crayons?
A: He wanted to Mark Antony!
Q: Why did the Orange go out with a Prune?
A: Because he couldn't find a Date!
Q: When do you go at red and stop at green?
A: When you're eating a watermelon.
Q: Why are gold fish orange?
A: The water makes them rusty!
Q: What happened when the red ship crashed into the blue ship?
A: The crew was marooned.
Q: What buzzes, is black and yellow and goes along the bottom of the sea?
A: A bee in a submarine!
Q: What is a cat's favorite color?
A: Purrrple!
Q: What do you call a country with only pink cars?
A: A Pink Car-nation. 

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2019-05-02 20:55:36

Monox D. I-Fly

Re: Crayon Jokes

ganesh wrote:

Why are goldfish not related to silverfish?

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#3 2019-05-02 22:04:13

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Crayon Jokes

Monox D. I-Fly wrote:
ganesh wrote:

Why are goldfish not related to silverfish?

The goldfish (Carassius auratus) is a freshwater fish in the family Cyprinidae of order Cypriniformes. It is one of the most commonly kept aquarium fish.

A relatively small member of the carp family (which also includes the Prussian carp and the crucian carp), the goldfish is native to East Asia. It was first selectively bred in Ancient China more than a thousand years ago, and several distinct breeds have since been developed. Goldfish breeds vary greatly in size, body shape, fin configuration and colouration (various combinations of white, yellow, orange, red, brown, and black are known).

A silverfish (Lepisma saccharina) is a small, wingless insect in the order Zygentoma (formerly Thysanura). Its common name derives from the animal's silvery light grey colour, combined with the fish-like appearance of its movements. However, the scientific name (L. saccharina), indicates the silverfish's diet consists of carbohydrates such as sugar or starches.

Description

Silverfish are nocturnal insects typically 13–25 mm (0.5–1.0 in) long. Their abdomens taper at the end, giving them a fish-like appearance. The newly hatched are whitish, but develop a greyish hue and metallic shine as they get older. They have two long cerci and one terminal filament at the tips of their abdomens; the filament projects directly off of the end of their body, between the left and right cerci. They also have two small compound eyes, despite other members of Zygentoma being completely eyeless, such as the family Nicoletiidae.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer