Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-18 04:37:43

BlossomSpace

Hi from BlossomSpace (Do NOT click here)

Hiii...

You DID click to view this post. (I knew you would cool)

Hi!

I am BlossomSpace!

I am curious, how do you all choose your usernames? I always have trouble choosing my usernames. Username generators are not very helpful. (They don't generate the kind of username I want) A lot of the times I "reuse" my usernames, they are very similar. (In case you are wondering, this is an entirely new username I just came up with, if you want to find me on other websites)

Also, is this more like a forum for kids or adults?

The(/A) New User,
BlossomSpace big_smile

#2 2019-07-18 16:01:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Hi from BlossomSpace (Do NOT click here)

Hi BlossomSpace,

Welcome the the forum!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2019-07-20 06:12:19

Bob
Administrator

hi BlossomSpace

We have adults and kids … no age restrictions.  Just like maths or want some help with it.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#4 2019-07-21 15:41:08

Monox D. I-Fly

BlossomSpace wrote:

I am curious, how do you all choose your usernames?

Well, since you asked...

I chose "Monox D. I-Fly" as my username because "Monox" is my nickname when I was a 10[sup]th[/sup] grader. Why did I get "Monox" as my nickname back then? That's because when I was a Junior High School student, there was a humour contest show at TV and one of its contestant called himself as "Monox". My classmates thought of me as a funny person, so I was given that nickname. About the mid-name "D", I think you who loves One Piece manga should know: Yes. The mid-name "D" is a symbol of a special clan like the name of "Monkey D. Luffy", "Portgas D. Ace", "Marshall D. Teach", etc. And what about "I-Fly"? Don't be mistaken. It has nothing to do with flight at all. I just shortened my real full name: Faizal Yunus Ibrahim. Since in any book references last name comes first, then I switched it to be: Ibrahim, Faizal Yunus. And then I shortened it to be "I-Fly".
Now I'm going everywhere with this username. Try googling and type "Monox D. I-Fly" and you'll see that I've many accounts in many places.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#5 2019-07-21 17:34:01

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Welcome!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer