Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-23 11:34:02

Zach

An open invitation...

As you may or may not know, I'm a Web Designer and Programmer, and I would like to extent a hand of invitation to a single person to have a free demonstation of my skills. I'll design, build and script an entire website for a single person of the MathIsFun Forum.

The person will be anyone who applies for it and will be chosen depending on certain aspects.

FIRST, if you're interested, post your interest. Second, within the post, give me a little summary of what the website would be about and what kind of features it would have. I don't want to know what it'll look like, I just want to know what kind of features it'll have to have, in web scripting terms (forums, guestbook and things like that).

I do not ask for any kind of payment. All I ask is that you give me time to complete the project and that you communciate fully on the things for the website.

If you are picked, I will need to be able to communicate with you in anyway, probably through messengers or e-mail, where I can give updates and beta-versions of the site.

ALSO, when I get a job, I may actually host the site for the person on a server with its own domain name, out of pure courtesy.

What will I get out of this, you may ask? Why am I doing this? Well, professional experience is what I need, the ability to work with a client and even publicity. Just a single website for a client with a little disclaimer at the bottom saying "Created by Sweep Inc." could get me a paying client.

So, if you want a website done, just leave a little post and description of what would be on the website below, and I'll get back to this at a later date.

Cheers,
~ Zach

Boy let me tell you what:
I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

#2 2007-02-23 17:19:36

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: An open invitation...

Thanks Zach,
I hope my application is considered.
The website would be on Tamil Cinema.
I shall provide you with the materials for the pages, the Index page and the images too.
A counter on the homepage to record the number of hits, a guestbook and a separate page for links to other websites on similar pages is what I think is the essential requirement.
This website would certainly get hits from all over the world, but a lot depends on how search engines place this site.
Tell me if you're interested!
PS:- There are more than 75 million people in the world who speak this language and about 20 million more who follow the language, spread worldwide!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2007-02-23 18:23:42

MathsIsFun
Administrator

tamiltopia.com would be a good name smile

(others are already taken)

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2007-02-23 20:32:04

espeon
Real Member

whats a tamil cinema?

Presenting the Prinny dance.
Take this dood! Huh doood!!! HUH DOOOOD!?!? DOOD HUH!!!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 2007-03-05 12:29:23

Mommas Girl

I'm lost!!

"You don't have to like me but you do need to respect me''

#6 2007-03-05 16:36:37

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

espeon wrote:

whats a tamil cinema?

Tamil is a language spoken by over 60 million people in the world.
Tamil Cinema contributes some of the best movies ever made!
There are atleast half a dozen persons belonging to the Tamil Film Industry who are world famous.

To Zach : Irrespective of whether you're interested in the flowback of money, or not, I wish to inform you that you can earn a lot. I had an ambitious project in my mind, but shelved it for want of time and motivation.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#7 2007-03-06 13:59:25

Zach

I'm just doing something really late at night, a lovely presentation on Network Operating Systems that I have to present tomorrow, so I'll keep this brief.

Invitation is over. Gonna be taking Ganesh's idea. PM a way to get in touch with you, e-mail, PMs here, MSN, AIM whatever. I'm tired right now, I couldn't care less.

Cheers.

Boy let me tell you what:
I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

#8 2007-03-06 16:30:44

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Zach,
I shall disclose what I had in my mind!
The Tamil Film Industry is a Billion Dollar Industry,
what I (now, we) intend doing is creating a platform for
the requirements and the suppliers a common platform!

A platform for the producers, the distributors to get in touch with the professionals!
There are too many ways this can be done, I shall pm you!
Please be patient, I wait till I have suffiecient time to give all the details! The waiting may not be more than two or three weeks though!
Good wishes!

#9 2019-12-25 18:59:23

Monox D. I-Fly

Ah... So this is the time when you saw Zach's true potential...

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#10 2019-12-25 20:30:41

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Not only this, there are many more!

Board footer