Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-18 22:49:24

666 bro

Reading text books

How would I develop habit of reading  textbooks for learning new concepts in mathematics?

Last edited by 666 bro (2020-03-19 22:25:02)

"An equation for me has no meaning, unless it expresses a thought of God"- Srinivasa ramanujan

#2 2020-03-22 01:43:31

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Re: Reading text books

I often read a lot of different textbooks for the same topic/concept. Some textbooks are easier to read than others. You have to find the book that suits your style and maturity.

It's a good idea to have access to a library where they have a lot of math books.

Is there some more specific advice that you wanted?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#3 2020-04-02 05:47:24

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Sorry, I missed your post somehow. Is there something specific you are trying to learn?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'

#4 2020-04-02 14:50:28

666 bro

Generally speaking, any theorem. For example sandwich theorem?

"An equation for me has no meaning, unless it expresses a thought of God"- Srinivasa ramanujan

#5 2020-04-04 05:17:41

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Hi;

Learning random theorems is not very entertaining or illuminating. I think a better way to learn things is to learn a theory instead.

Since you mention the Sandwich Theorem, how about trying to learn some introductory Analysis? I recommend the book "Understanding Analysis" by Stephen Abott.

Board footer