Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-05 19:59:04

individ

Application of NFT in science

One of the biggest problems in science is when an idea comes up. This is to convey it. Tell people about it. And on the other hand, it is access to information.
In general, it is extremely difficult for people to convey their ideas. A huge problem in publications. Modern scientific journalism is built in such a way that it is virtually impossible to publish an article in a scientific journal-if you do not have working contacts with the editorial board.
But this does not mean that discoveries are made only at Harvard. A lot of new things are being learned by different people all over the world. And even if a person does not work at the University - this does not mean that he will not be able to discover something new.
Knowledge is such a subject-which is not a shame to get from any place.
Limiting the ability to communicate your ideas to others - this often leads to the need for others to come to the same result.... only after some time.
There is still a problem in the assessment of knowledge. Often new things can't make their way - because most people don't like the idea. I always don't like new things.
And information, even if someone doesn't like it. Must be saved. After passing the test of time - it will be clear whether it is valuable or not.
On the other hand, there is a problem with access to information. Not only is it published very subjectively, but scientific journals have severely restricted access to it. Just reading some article costs from $ 50.
Much is said about these problems, but in fact nothing is being done for the better. So I decided to come up with a new mechanism for the author's interaction with the audience.
And the NFT will help us with this. Now all the work with them is in the field of art. Everyone draws pictures, but I think that science has a place there. The value of the NFT is determined by what? Rarity, exclusivity, made by some respected author, novelty. But much more valuable-when it is difficult to get it. When you need to spend a lot of effort to create something. 
And what could be better than nature? The effort that can be expended to find out what the phenomenon, the law... solve a problem or equation. Come up with an algorithm or a way to simplify the task. These efforts can be very complex and large.
And that's when you make a discovery. You solve an equation or a problem. You come up with something new. That is, any idea. And then you form it in the form of an NFT. This will allow you to retain the priority right to the idea itself. There is an opportunity to work in the field of patents. On the other hand, you tell everyone about your idea. Anyone can access and learn the information. At the same time, as the owner of the token, you will have the right to be called the person who invented it. And at the same time, the value of the token will be evaluated. If a university cooperates with a scientist, it will buy the token from him. This way, research and development will be funded, and the more tokens a University has and the greater their value, the better it is.
This will stimulate the work of scientists. On the other hand, it will allow sponsors to finance exactly those areas that they are interested in.
And the value of such a token will be greater. Although there are infinitely many equations and problems in nature, not all of them can be solved. The first person to solve a previously unsolved problem, problem, or equation will issue their token. If someone is interested in this, they can always check both the creation time and the information. This will facilitate the dissemination of information and maintain priority.
So I decided to start. So far, I have created 217 tokens for the formula for solving Diophantine equations. The formulas were not previously known, I received them myself and could not publish them in the journal. Now they are released in the form of NFT.
The token collection is located at this address.
https://opensea.io/collection/a-real-street-cat-3

#2 2021-04-05 21:12:08

Bob
Administrator

Re: Application of NFT in science

hi individ

One of my tasks in moderating the forum is removing posts (and sometimes the poster) that break our rules.  The disadvantage of post moderation is we get all sorts of adverts: trainers, cars, taxi services, adult services, and so on.  So I check them all out and do my best to keep the forum free of such things.  Recently I removed a post that was advertising bit coin for example.

I read your post twice but still have no idea what you are talking about. I googled NFT and then fungible and still only have a vague idea what this is about.  I looked at Opensea and it seems to be a page where you can buy and sell stuff.  That's clearly against our rules.  All I could see was 'art' (I use the term loosely as it's hardly Constable, so I searched for diophantine and found some of your work.  But these are already posted on MIF aren't they; so what are you expecting to happened on Opensea?

Some cases are borderline.  If a person asks for a recommendation of a good maths book and gets a reply, is that OK?

But I know what Diophantine equations are; and that's certainly ok.  So now I'm in a dilemma.  Is your post OK or not?  It would help if you made it clear to 'old fogeys' like me what this is about and particularly if financial transactions are involved. If you want to claim copyright to a piece I think the post on MIF is sufficient.

Also, why Science HQ ?  D. equations are maths first and foremost aren't they?       

Best wishes,

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2021-04-05 21:55:08

individ

As I said earlier... very often, the new is unusual and people try to fight with the new. The man himself is conservative. And the new one is likely to refuse.

I proposed a new mechanism. Of course, it will be worth changing over time. Not on the same site to post information, and probably create some separately, but so far there is no other option-you have to use what is there.
So I posted a topic on this forum...
https://www.mathisfunforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=20642

Or on another forum I post a topic. For example, I like these equations... others are different. But not everyone likes them, right?
Many people, for example, are categorically against what I do. And they struggle with it. But I have the result. There are some formulas... there is some information. Yes... everything at this point in time is considered bad.

But some people like it. For example, I solve and collect solutions of Diophantine equations. The other can collect rows or magic squares.
And the subject of the collection will be the solution of the equation or what that idea is. This will lead to the fact that people themselves will apply forces to increase knowledge.

Many are unable to publish their results... I have for example on very many forums formulas generally disappeared. This is just another mechanism for preserving knowledge and sharing it.
In magazines, to get access to an article, you need to pay money, and here anyone can download and view it for free.

Technology changes a lot. And in this case, technology can give an impetus to the popularization of science. Anyone can try to solve a previously unsolved problem. After creating a token, it will announce its solution to the problem.
This will preserve the copyright and give others the opportunity to review and evaluate. There is no critical discussion of the results in science right now.

This is just one of the tools for popularizing science. Let people start solving equations - how to draw cats!

#4 2021-04-06 01:07:06

Bob
Administrator

hi individ

Your posts here about diophantine equations are still on the MIF site and won't be deleted.  That's not the issue.

I don't understand how NFT works and you haven't explained it.

After creating a token, it will announce its solution to the problem.

What does this mean?

Let me try asking specific questions.

(1) Let's say you have a  'paper' on some area of equations that you want to publish.  How does that work on opensea ?  Do you have to pay to post there ? Would I have to pay if I wanted to view your work ?

(2) How do you expect mathematicians and scientists to know about your publication ?

(3) What is a 'token' ?

(4) Are you just interested in spreading the knowledge or are you hoping to make money from this ?

the rules say wrote:

No Spam. Spam includes messages that have no relevance to the topic, that are annoying, repetitious or promotional in nature. Overuse of short comments is also spam.

Make Yourself Understood. It is ok to sometimes use shortened words such as gr8, but too much of this will classify your post as spam.

Possible Actions: At first you will be gently warned or have your message edited or deleted. More serious cases may result in banning or other measures.

I have underlined some key phrases.  If someone makes a link to a site that sells things then I consider that is promotional and I remove the link.  If I think the member has only joined to make this link then I ban them. 

I think your use of the abbreviation NFT is an example of an unhelpful shortened word.  I didn't know what it meant and I still don't;  even though I have read a definition.  I need to be confident about what you are posting so you'll have to accept that your original post is likely to be edited unless you provide a better explanation.

I'm trying to help you; please now help me.

Thanks,

Bob

You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei

#5 2021-04-06 01:59:10

individ

What is NFT?
I think you can start by reading the Wikipedia article. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-fungible_token

But the meaning is simple. This is not a mutually replaceable token. It is unique and one of a kind. Blockchain technology is a tool that confirms that it was created by this person and the information posted was created by him.
The creation of a file with information is associated with the wallet number. And the owner of this token is the owner of the wallet.

Anyone can view the information that is embedded in the token. Anyone can download the token itself. It costs nothing. This is a plus. Information can be distributed absolutely free of charge. Simply, the owner of the token is a certain wallet.
Sure.... it may be that someone jumps the token and then wants to register it under their own name, but delete the entire blockchain chain. To lose information about who was the owner - he can not. It will be very easy to prove plagiarism.

The formula is generally a very tenacious subject. You can force it to be deleted. You can force it to be ignored, but over time there will definitely be a question about its origin. And then the blockchain technology will tell you about the priority.
I publish formulas on the forums. I give advice and tell many people. And often the ways in which the information goes are difficult to understand. From time to time, the formula pops up somewhere. And this is a good mechanism that will let you know who came up with the formula.

Many people have no other choice. This is all made up from no source.
No one will allow me to publish an article in the journal. There is no chance that the magazine will want to take the article. At the same time, I do not want the idea to be lost. And the formulas themselves disappeared. So that then in 100 years someone rediscovered them again.
And if on the Internet, these formulas will live their own life... then maybe it will bring some benefit.

Some abbreviations are standard and well-known to everyone. If someone does not understand some of my words , then I will explain. Ask me a question.

Don't worry about someone selling something. Technology that is created for enrichment... It will be used by us to create knowledge and disseminate information absolutely free of charge. It's all free and doesn't cost a cent.... just don't tell the owners of the site!

I just came up with this new idea.... apply so tokens. Let's try to apply it and see what happens!

#6 2021-04-06 02:24:09

Bob
Administrator

hi individ

Thank you.  It's been a steep learning curve for me but I'm getting the idea.  Let's see what happens next.

Bob

Board footer