Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-05 12:31:40

mathland

Equation of a Circle

Write the standard form of
the equation of the circle with the given
characteristics.

A. Center: (−2, −6); Solution point: (1, −10)

B. Endpoints of a diameter: (11, −5), (3, 15)

Note: There are no sample questions given by the author(s)
for ALL QUESTIONS POSTED on this site. This is important to keep
in mind if you decide to reply.

I need steps for A and B above.

#2 2021-05-05 14:45:41

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Equation of a Circle

See Circle Equations in MathIsFun/MathsIsFun.

Many more topics are covered in the MathIsFun/MathsIsFun website.

The 'Help me' topic is given to those who are in need.

An example can be provided; the members are expected to do the practice problems by themselves.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2021-05-05 15:04:28

mathland

ganesh wrote:

An example can be provided; the members are expected to do the practice problems by themselves.

I do all the practice problems after steps are provided. You are not obligated to answer my questions, sir. Simply skip my questions for the time I am here.

#4 2021-05-05 15:05:52

mathland

ganesh wrote:

I may leave this site soon. I find that there isn't much participation here. I cannot even upload pictures needed for certain math problems. I made a few friends but that's about it, honestly. I am currently seeking a new math site.

It's too bad that yahoo answers has shut down. We all know that this is due to the current administration in Washington, DC. The main goal is to control the masses and to keep people from communicating with each other. This is happening everywhere across the internet.

#5 2021-05-05 15:18:05

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

I may leave this site soon. I find that there isn't much participation here. I cannot even upload pictures needed for certain math problems. I made a few friends but that's about it, honestly. I am currently seeking a new math site.

It's too bad that yahoo answers has shut down. We all know that this is due to the current administration in Washington, DC. The main goal is to control the masses and to keep people from communicating with each other. This is happening everywhere across the internet.

Pertinent questions (and answers) are always welcome.

If a member genuinely needs help, it will be our endeavor to provide are necessary assistance.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#6 2021-05-05 16:16:54

Mathegocart

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

Yahoo Answers was(overwhelmingly so, barring a few people) a cesspool of idiots asking simplistic math questions, throwing around vitriolic and toxic messages about people(or groups), and bots.
Pretty sure Verizon(the parent corp of Yahoo!) decided to cut the cord so to speak, as it has no profitable incentive for keeping the site up.
That being said, I am sad to see such a titan of the old web fall.

The integral of hope is reality.
May bobbym have a wonderful time in the pearly gates of heaven.
He will be sorely missed.

#7 2021-05-05 19:35:15

mathland

Mathegocart wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

Yahoo Answers was(overwhelmingly so, barring a few people) a cesspool of idiots asking simplistic math questions, throwing around vitriolic and toxic messages about people(or groups), and bots.
Pretty sure Verizon(the parent corp of Yahoo!) decided to cut the cord so to speak, as it has no profitable incentive for keeping the site up.
That being said, I am sad to see such a titan of the old web fall.

Any other yahoo answers sites out there?

Board footer