Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-10 17:44:51

mathland

What Is Religion?

What does religion mean to you?

#2 2021-05-10 18:09:53

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: What Is Religion?

I cannot tell about others, but for me, my religion has made me a complete person. The ups and downs, happy and sad, I tried to be in equanimity.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2021-05-10 22:27:32

mathland

ganesh wrote:

I cannot tell about others, but for me, my religion has made me a complete person. The ups and downs, happy and sad, I tried to be in equanimity.

What is your faith? What is your religion?

#4 2021-05-10 23:40:34

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

I was born in a religion which respects all religions.

I am happy to tell I respect all religions.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#5 2021-05-11 10:38:09

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

You are a smart person. Respect all religions as long as there is no violence connected to faith.

#6 2021-05-11 15:06:46

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:

You are a smart person. Respect all religions as long as there is no violence connected to faith.

That is the bottom line.

#7 2021-05-11 17:43:53

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

That is the bottom line.

Exactly. I say Jesus is the way to Heaven. All religions have their own way to Heaven.

Who's right? We'll just have to wait and see. We long to see Heaven but refuse to accept death as a door into the afterlife.

#8 2021-05-11 17:48:53

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:

That is the bottom line.

Exactly. I say Jesus is the way to Heaven. All religions have their own way to Heaven.

Who's right? We'll just have to wait and see. We long to see Heaven but refuse to accept death as a door into the afterlife.

There are things you know at some to or the other.

There are also things you may never know.

One is, life and death.

#9 2021-05-11 19:29:46

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

That is the bottom line.

One is, life and death.

I live and let live. I tell you about Jesus. It is your choice to accept the gospel message or to reject it. What happens next is between you and God.

#10 2021-05-11 19:47:21

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:

One is, life and death.

I live and let live. I tell you about Jesus. It is your choice to accept the gospel message or to reject it. What happens next is between you and God.

'Live and Let Live' is a wonderful principle.

#11 2021-05-11 22:29:30

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

One is, life and death.

'Live and Let Live' is a wonderful principle.

I concur. I hate to argue. I hate the anxiety that develops when trying to convince someone that my view is right. My job is to tell you what Jesus said happens to those who reject Him. If you decide that worshipping a cow is the right way to go, then this is your choice. The problem is then between you and God.

#12 2021-05-11 23:15:15

David

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:

One is, life and death.

You can't just tell people about Jesus if you don't live like Jesus.

His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.

#13 2021-05-11 23:50:57

mathland

David wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

One is, life and death.

You can't just tell people about Jesus if you don't live like Jesus.

I concur.

#14 2021-06-22 02:31:57

Esty bella

Belief system of people and how they operate them

#15 2021-07-08 06:05:55

AlexPontik
Website

Here's what I believe in something means to me...

what does it mean I believe in something?
It means I learn nothing else but something for some time, because if you REALLY think otherwise…

I learn something else and not just something for some time, but if you think this is REALLY of for you when you believe in something…

If in the end, I believe in something means I learn something else and not just something for some time, it doesn’t seem to me I believe in something specifically…does it seem to you…?

And what seems to be happening?

When one imagines something, something else is really happening around one, because if you REALLY think otherwise…

When one imagines something, something else isn’t really happening around one, but if you REALLY think this is ok…

If in the end, when one imagines something, something else isn’t really happening around one, it doesn’t seem to me where inside one imagines something…does it seem to you where ..?

Yes but what about God?

When one writes something down for the same God as the ones before one, the ones before one did not write it down EXACTLY as the same God would want it to be written down, because if you REALLY think otherwise…

When one writes something down for the same God as the ones before one, the ones before one wrote it down EXACTLY as the same God would want it to be written down, but if you think this is REALLY ok for you…

If in the end, when one writes something down for the same God as the ones before one, and the ones before one wrote it down EXACTLY as the same God would want it to be written down, it doesn’t seem to me that...

GOD REALLY DIDN’T FORGET SOMETHING TO DO,
IF GOD REALLY DID EVERYTHING

...for the next ones who would like to write something down for the same God…does it seem to you…?

1.My Friend, you want the rest from the rest?
2.Ask the rest for the rest, and you will get the rest.
3.Why are you bothering, the rest of us?

Board footer