Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-01 01:17:17

jabah013.307
Website

Do the Administraters ever ask for help?

Hi,
I have been questioning for ages but can it be possible for an Administrater to ask help from the Members and the Real Members? I have been reading all the posts but not even one administrater has even asked for help.

Quote Of The Month:
'Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.' - Art Buchwald.

#2 2021-08-01 02:31:21

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Do the Administraters ever ask for help?

Hi,

We work together and communicate.

It is teamwork.

The hierarchy is not important.

Helping members is.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2021-08-09 07:42:14

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

jabah013.307 wrote:

Hi,
I have been questioning for ages but can it be possible for an Administrater to ask help from the Members and the Real Members? I have been reading all the posts but not even one administrater has even asked for help.

That is an interesting observation. I guess this either means that the administrators are not really hunting problems in the wild, or that they do not believe that members of this forum will be able to help them in what they need help with.

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#4 2021-08-09 15:54:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

The Administrators have done a commendable work for all these years.

There have been great contributions apart from MathsIsFun himself and other Administrators for years, this can be verified.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#5 2021-08-09 22:48:40

Bob
Administrator

agnishom wrote:

they do not believe that members of this forum will be able to help them in what they need help with.

Definitely not so! I've had help over the years and sometimes I learn new things while I'm helping someone else (see car racing for example).

Admin aren't chosen because they are good at maths but because they want to help, have the time, are responsible and patient, and have thick skin.

My longer term project is to master contour integration so that I can solve a very old, and never solved, problem.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#6 2021-08-17 11:57:25

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

That is interesing. I am glad that the administrators have a growth mentality and are trying to learn new things. This certainly makes for a great morale in this community. smile

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Board footer