Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-09 06:17:45

AlexPontik
Website

A math challenge with some common sense

Why say that the following phrase is nonsense?

1.“If a logical system is consistent, it cannot be complete.”

Because: The phrase “if a logical system is consistent, it cannot be complete”, is itself a logical system, it is consistent with what it says, and if that is so, something is missing from this phrase, according to what the phrase says. And so this bring us to the second phrase…

2. Why say that the following phrase is nonsense?

“The consistency of axioms cannot be proved within their own system.”

Because: A system which has axioms for itself, in order for the system to call them axioms for itself, the system has to have a consistent behavior around those axioms and so when it behaves inconsistently with regard to those axioms, the inconsistency between those axioms and the system’s behavior the system can prove to itself.

If what is written above is false, then when a system behaves inconsistently with regard to some axioms it has for itself, that inconsistency it cannot prove to itself, and it keeps behaving inconsistently with regard to those axioms…but…

if the system keeps behaving inconsistently with regard to some axioms and cannot prove to itself that it does so with regard to those axioms, then it doesn’t seem to me it can consistently keep regarding them as axioms for the system, and then something else replaces them, and that something else is what the system calls axioms for itself.

3. Why say that what was said above in 1 and 2 is enough regarding the below phrases?

“If a logical system is consistent, it cannot be complete.”

“The consistency of axioms cannot be proved within their own system.”

If those phrases need further phrases to make sense, then those phrases are incomplete regarding what they mean, or not phrases that are theorems in any sort of language…as on their own, they don’t exactly mean , what they exactly say, do they exactly?

But what do I mean by all the above exactly?

Mathematicians…

in order to remain alive, you have to keep breathing...and this is an axiom for your system...that you can prove consistently throughout your entire life…

so breathe idiots…breathe…

When one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians…

When one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians, one doesn’t end up with a phrase that makes sense for humans at any time in their history up to now, because if you mathematicians REALLY think otherwise…

When one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians, one can end up with a phrase that makes sense for humans at some time in their history up to now, but if you mathematicians think this REALLY makes sense to you…

If in the end mathematicians, when one counts phrases with numbers mathematicians, one can end up with a phrase that makes sense for humans at some time in their history up to now, then it doesn’t seem to me that all humans up to now throughout their history made sense by talking to one another honestly and not only by counting one another with numbers without any regard to honesty ever spoken…does it seem to you mathematicians?

2. When numbers happen before words happen, mathematicians, and the rest ones…

When numbers happen before words happen, words don’t make sense after numbers happen, or else

When numbers happen before words happen, words can make sense after numbers happen, but…

If in the end when numbers happen before words happen, words can make sense after numbers happen, then it doesn’t seem to me now what numbers where counting before, that is worth saying…does it seem to you?

3. When numbers happen after words happen, all…

When numbers happen after words happen, words make sense before numbers happen, or else

When numbers happen after words happen, words don’t make sense before numbers happen, but…

If in the end when numbers happen after words happen, words don’t make sense before numbers happen, then it doesn’t seem to me now that numbers make sense to happen after those specific words…does it seem to you?

And remember your MAMA.

What is MAMA? MAMA is the rest.

What is the rest? The rest is all there is minus you.

And who am I? I am no one, I don’t know who the hell you think you are! Why?

Cause you ain’t someone, and you ain’t fooling no one buddy.

You need patience to have fun in life players. Why?

You need patience to find out why. Why again?!

Because you find this out in a funny way, players!

Sometimes, it is more fun than what you players can handle at that moment in your life…

Sometimes, it is less fun than what you players want at that moment in your life…

But, when you are having a good time, then it is just the right amount of fun.

And, to find those times players, it comes back to the beginning…

You need patience to have fun in life players

Really?

Yes...players...really...WHAT?! NOT REALLY?!

Nature is a lady, justice is blind, and…

…MAMA in the end puts order.

1.My Friend, you want the rest from the rest?
2.Ask the rest for the rest, and you will get the rest.
3.Why are you bothering, the rest of us?

Board footer