Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-12-10 12:02:33

Hannibal lecter

advanced search option

Hello,

when I search in my " all posts " history like this :

2021-12-11-025931.png

it show me this :

2021-12-11-025925.png

it's numbered by (page 1,page 2... etc)
can you add there additional option to view all the pages at once! to make search on posts easier and more functionality

Wisdom is a tree which grows in the heart and fruits on the tongue

#2 2021-12-10 22:20:03

Bob
Administrator

Re: advanced search option

When the forum was switched to a new server many things worked much better than before.  But the search didn't.  It only seems to look back a short way ... I think maybe to the date of the switchover.  But the profile link to show all posts does work ok so you just have to use it.

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to find a very old post of mine.  Searching through all my posts would have taken ages.  But it had a picture so I looked on Imgur, found the picture, then found it on my laptop, then got the date, and then searched through my posts at that date.  Bit of a long way round but it worked and I got to the post.

You can adjust the number of pages that are shown at once in your profile.  Does that work?

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2021-12-12 05:09:21

Hannibal lecter

Re: advanced search option

Bob wrote:

You can adjust the number of pages that are shown at once in your profile.  Does that work?

Bob

it's not working for my posts option but no problem I found the post because I don't have much posts

but do you think the site can upgrade to become more advanced or the site owner are busy and not there to think about how to upgrade it

Wisdom is a tree which grows in the heart and fruits on the tongue

Board footer