Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-05 22:51:09

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Equality Quotes

Equality Quotes

1. I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal. - Aristotle

3. If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. - J. K. Rowling

4. Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance. - Kofi Annan

5. Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. - Albert Einstein

6. Democracy... is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder; and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike. - Plato

7. All the people like us are we, and everyone else is They. - Rudyard Kipling

8. All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. - George Orwell

9. It is better that some should be unhappy rather than that none should be happy, which would be the case in a general state of equality. - Samuel Johnson

10. No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer. - George Orwell

11. I know my country has not perfected itself. At times, we've struggled to keep the promise of liberty and equality for all of our people. We've made our share of mistakes, and there are times when our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions. - Barack Obama

12. The equal right of all citizens to health, education, work, food, security, culture, science, and wellbeing - that is, the same rights we proclaimed when we began our struggle, in addition to those which emerge from our dreams of justice and equality for all inhabitants of our world - is what I wish for all. - Fidel Castro

13. As long as we set up equality, we'll go in the right direction. - Venus Williams

14. Our constitution is a ray of hope: H for harmony, O for Opportunity, P for people's participation and E for equality. - Narendra Modi

15. For forty years, I have devoted myself to the cause of the people's revolution with but one aim in view - the elevation of China to a position of freedom and equality among the nations. - Sun Yat-sen

16. Political democracy cannot last unless there lies at the base of it social democracy. What does social democracy mean? It means a way of life which recognizes liberty, equality and fraternity as the principles of life. - B. R. Ambedkar

17. A fundamentalist can't bring himself or herself to negotiate with people who disagree with them because the negotiating process itself is an indication of implied equality. - Jimmy Carter

18. Then not only custom, but also nature affirms that to do is more disgraceful than to suffer injustice, and that justice is equality. - Plato

gender_diversity_image.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer