Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-07 17:01:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Faith Quotes

Faith Quotes

1. Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe. - Saint Augustine

3. Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark. - Rabindranath Tagore

4. Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe. - Voltaire

5. Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking. - Khalil Gibran

6. We are twice armed if we fight with faith. - Plato

7. Faith in oneself is the best and safest course. - Michelangelo

8. Love, hope, fear, faith - these make humanity; These are its sign and note and character. - Robert Browning

9. A faith is a necessity to a man. Woe to him who believes in nothing. - Victor Hugo

10. In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. - Blaise Pascal

11. If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm. - Mahatma Gandhi

12. Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. - Helen Keller

13. Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into. - Mahatma Gandhi

14. Faith indeed tells what the senses do not tell, but not the contrary of what they see. It is above them and not contrary to them. - Blaise Pascal

15. Faith, to my mind, is a stiffening process, a sort of mental starch. - E. M. Forster

16. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. - Bruce Lee

17. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. - Steve Jobs

18. It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. - Muhammad Ali

19. Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence. - Pope John Paul II

20. Observe good faith and justice toward all nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all. - George Washington

21. Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

22. Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith.' - Max Planck

23. There are many talented people who haven't fulfilled their dreams because they over thought it, or they were too cautious, and were unwilling to make the leap of faith. - James Cameron

24. A great city, whose image dwells in the memory of man, is the type of some great idea. Rome represents conquest; Faith hovers over the towers of Jerusalem; and Athens embodies the pre-eminent quality of the antique world, Art. - Benjamin Disraeli

25. Be courageous. I have seen many depressions in business. Always America has emerged from these stronger and more prosperous. Be brave as your fathers before you. Have faith! Go forward! - Thomas A. Edison

1633198976-1633198975094.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer