Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-13 02:51:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Chance Quotes

Chance Quotes

1. Luck always favours the brave. And you must remember that brave are the people who follow their heart; brave are the people who take chances in life. Which also means you have to say no sometimes. I believe the power of no is greater than yes. - Preity Zinta

2. We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public. - Walt Disney

3. I'm the one who will take chances, not worry about the backlash. - Magic Johnson

4. And when I was saying I want to become number one of the world and I was 7, 8 years old, most of the people were laughing to me. Because you know, it seemed like I have one percent chances to do that. And I've done it. - Novak Djokovic

5. I think it's no secret that I've tried to take chances in my career and also in my life, and I believe to not live in fear. - Nicolas Cage

6. A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Winston Churchill

7. I will prepare and some day my chance will come. - Abraham Lincoln

8. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. - Oprah Winfrey

9. Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning. - Desmond Tutu

10. Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance. - Isaac Newton

11. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong. - Andy Rooney

12. If agriculture goes wrong, nothing else will have a chance to go right. - M. S. Swaminathan

13. No man ever wetted clay and then left it, as if there would be bricks by chance and fortune. - Plutarch

14. I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot. - Bill Gates

15. America is the land of the second chance - and when the gates of the prison open, the path ahead should lead to a better life. - George W. Bush

16. If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person's life in a positive light, and that's what I want to do. That's what it's all about. - Tiger Woods

17. All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion, desire. - Aristotle

18. We don't get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? So this is what we've chosen to do with our life. - Steve Jobs

19. A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention. - Aldous Huxley

20. We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance. - Harrison Ford

21. If the sun comes up, I have a chance. - Venus Williams

22. The history of free men is never really written by chance but by choice; their choice! - Dwight D. Eisenhower

23. There is a certain sense in which I would say the universe has a purpose. It's not there by chance. - Roger Penrose

24. Personally, I would be delighted if there were a life after death, especially if it permitted me to continue to learn about this world and others, if it gave me a chance to discover how history turns out. - Carl Sagan

25. Those who trust to chance must abide by the results of chance. - Calvin Coolidge.

Dice-cup-with-camera.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer