Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-18 20:01:39

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Failure Quotes

Failure Quotes

1. I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison

2. I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying. - Michael Jordan

3. Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

4. Ambition is the last refuge of the failure. - Oscar Wilde

5. It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. - Bill Gates

6. Remember that failure is an event, not a person. - Zig Ziglar

7. A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. - John Burroughs

8. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. We have forty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse. - Rudyard Kipling

10. Do not brood over your past mistakes and failures as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret and depression. Do not repeat them in the future. - Swami Sivananda

11. Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. - Steve Jobs

12. Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure. - Benjamin Disraeli

13. If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative. - Woody Allen

14. The most important of my discoveries have been suggested to me by my failures. - Humphry Davy

15. Failure after long perseverance is much grander than never to have a striving good enough to be called a failure. George Eliot

16. My reputation grows with every failure. - George Bernard Shaw

17. I think you can have 10,000 explanations for failure, but no good explanation for success. - Paulo Coelho

18. Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war. - Donald Trump

19. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell

20. It would be great to be able to pass on to someone all of the successes, the failures, and the knowledge that one has had. To help someone, avoid all the fire, pain and anxiety would be wonderful. - Sylvester Stallone

21. Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. - Henry Ford

22. Failure at some point in your life is inevitable, but giving up is unforgivable. - Joe Biden

23. Failure isn't an option. I've erased the word 'fear' from my vocabulary, and I think when you erase fear, you can't fail. - Alicia Keys

24. Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure. - Confucius

25. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. - Dale Carnegie.

5f593084caa6e.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer