Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-21 18:36:43

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Future Quotes

Future Quotes

1. You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. - Steve Jobs

2. The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on. - Barack Obama

3. Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future. - Niels Bohr

4. If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. - Winston Churchill

5. The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future. - Oscar Wilde

6. Fear not for the future, weep not for the past. - Percy Bysshe Shelley

7. There is never time in the future in which we will work out our salvation. The challenge is in the moment; the time is always now. - James Baldwin

8. In this bright future you can't forget your past. - Bob Marley

9. Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine. - Nikola Tesla

10. You can never plan the future by the past. - Edmund Burke

11. Life is divided into three terms - that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present, to live better in the future. - William Wordsworth

12. The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion. - Albert Einstein

13. There is nothing like a dream to create the future. - Victor Hugo

14. What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you - what used to be a tail wind is now a head wind - you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn't a strategy. - Jeff Bezos

15. Without forgiveness, there's no future. - Desmond Tutu

16. Our human compassion binds us the one to the other - not in pity or patronizingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future. - Nelson Mandela

17. Look not mournfully into the past, it comes not back again. Wisely improve the present, it is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future without fear and with a manly heart. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

18. If future generations are to remember us more with gratitude than sorrow, we must achieve more than just the miracles of technology. We must also leave them a glimpse of the world as it was created, not just as it looked when we got through with it. - Lyndon B. Johnson

19. One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl S. Buck

20. If you do not think about your future, you cannot have one. - John Galsworthy

21. A great source of calamity lies in regret and anticipation; therefore a person is wise who thinks of the present alone, regardless of the past or future. - Oliver Goldsmith

22. Upper classes are a nation's past; the middle class is its future. - Ayn Rand

23. I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of the present. God has given me no control over the moment following. - Mahatma Gandhi

24. While I take inspiration from the past, like most Americans, I live for the future. - Ronald Reagan

25. The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking and we thus drift toward unparalleled catastrophe. - Albert Einstein

26. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha

27. I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

28. Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honour for me. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

29. The illiterate of the future will not be the person who cannot read. It will be the person who does not know how to learn. - Alvin Toffler

30. We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future. - George Bernard Shaw

31. Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future. - Walt Disney

32. Do not brood over your past mistakes and failures as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret and depression. Do not repeat them in the future. - Swami Sivananda

33. Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. - H. G. Wells

34. We are called to be architects of the future, not its victims. - R. Buckminster Fuller

35. The past, like the future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities. - Stephen Hawking

36. Our future cannot depend on the government alone. The ultimate solutions lie in the attitudes and the actions of the American people. - Joe Biden.

maxresdefault-2-1.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer