Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-02 20:19:56

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Health Quotes

Health Quotes

1. It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver. - Mahatma Gandhi

2. Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. - Benjamin Franklin

3. The first wealth is health. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses. - Hippocrates

5. Use your health, even to the point of wearing it out. That is what it is for. Spend all you have before you die; do not outlive yourself. - George Bernard Shaw

6. As long as your body is healthy and under control and death is distant, try to save your soul; when death is immanent what can you do? - Chanakya

7. To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. - Buddha

8. Some people are naturally thin, and some are heavier. There is a lot of focus on it, and it can be a lot of pressure for people. But honestly, I think as long as someone is healthy, that is most important. - Jennifer Lopez

9. The trouble with always trying to preserve the health of the body is that it is so difficult to do without destroying the health of the mind. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

10. We can make a commitment to promote vegetables and fruits and whole grains on every part of every menu. We can make portion sizes smaller and emphasize quality over quantity. And we can help create a culture - imagine this - where our kids ask for healthy options instead of resisting them. - Michelle Obama

11. The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. - Mark Twain

12. Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that's very important for good health. - Dalai Lama

13. Water is life, and clean water means health. - Audrey Hepburn

14. Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth... these are one and the same fight. We must connect the dots between climate change, water scarcity, energy shortages, global health, food security and women's empowerment. Solutions to one problem must be solutions for all. - Ban Ki-moon

15. Happiness is good health and a bad memory. - Ingrid Bergman

16. It was the labor movement that helped secure so much of what we take for granted today. The 40-hour work week, the minimum wage, family leave, health insurance, Social Security, Medicare, retirement plans. The cornerstones of the middle-class security all bear the union label. - Barack Obama

17. Money doesn't mean anything to me. I've made a lot of money, but I want to enjoy life and not stress myself building my bank account. I give lots away and live simply, mostly out of a suitcase in hotels. We all know that good health is much more important. - Keanu Reeves

18. Let no one be slow to seek wisdom when he is young nor weary in the search of it when he has grown old. For no age is too early or too late for the health of the soul. - Epicurus

19. Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning. - Thomas Jefferson

20. A child's mental health is just as important as their physical health and deserves the same quality of support. - Kate Middleton

21. The equal right of all citizens to health, education, work, food, security, culture, science, and wellbeing - that is, the same rights we proclaimed when we began our struggle, in addition to those which emerge from our dreams of justice and equality for all inhabitants of our world - is what I wish for all. - Fidel Castro

22. The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life. Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat. - Albert Einstein

23. What can be added to the happiness of a man who is in health, out of debt, and has a clear conscience? - Adam Smith

24. Beauty is a gift, just like good health or intelligence. The only thing is not to be proud of being beautiful. Because you didn't do anything - it was given to you. - Monica Bellucci

25. Man does not live by soap alone; and hygiene, or even health, is not much good unless you can take a healthy view of it or, better still, feel a healthy indifference to it. -
- Gilbert K. Chesterton

26. As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. - Pythagoras

27. I wish all happiness, good health and togetherness to those close to me. - Shriya Saran

28. By improving health, empowering women, population growth comes down. - Bill Gates

29. Poverty is multidimensional. It extends beyond money incomes to education, health care, political participation and advancement of one's own culture and social organisation. - Atal Bihari Vajpayee

30. With happiness as with health: to enjoy it, one should be deprived of it occasionally. - Jules Verne

31. The health of the people is really the foundation upon which all their happiness and all their powers as a state depend. - Benjamin Disraeli

32. With age comes the understanding and appreciation of your most important asset, your health. - Oprah Winfrey

33. Health and hygiene are a basic personal need for all. - Manushi Chhillar

34. The chief condition on which, life, health and vigor depend on, is action. It is by action that an organism develops its faculties, increases its energy, and attains the fulfillment of its destiny. -  Colin Powell

35. Cynicism is humor in ill health. - H. G. Wells

36. A girl child who is even a little bit educated is more conscious of family planning, health care and, in turn, her children's own education. Azim Premji

health-topics-2.jpg?w=768

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer