Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-17 16:27:14

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Government Quotes

Government Quotes

1. If men were angels, no government would be necessary. - James Madison

2. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. - John Adams

3. We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force. - Ayn Rand

4. Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one. - Thomas Paine

5. Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

6. The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government. - Thomas Jefferson

7. A state is better governed which has few laws, and those laws strictly observed. Rene Descartes

8. The government is us; we are the government, you and I. - Theodore Roosevelt

9. An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger. - Confucius

10. The best government is that which teaches us to govern ourselves. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

11. I am sometimes a fox and sometimes a lion. The whole secret of government lies in knowing when to be the one or the other. - Napoleon Bonaparte

12. Let the people think they govern and they will be governed. - William Penn

13. Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives. - Ronald Reagan

14. Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth. - Abraham Lincoln

15. Nothing turns out to be so oppressive and unjust as a feeble government. - Edmund Burke

16. A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference. - Thomas Jefferson

17. No man is good enough to govern another man without the other's consent. - Abraham Lincoln

18. Mankind, when left to themselves, are unfit for their own government. - George Washington

19. We have the best government that money can buy. - Mark Twain

20. Nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. - Albert Einstein

21. In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one class of citizens to give to another. - Voltaire

22. Democracy needs support, and the best support for democracy comes from other democracies. - Benazir Bhutto

23. There are three species of government: republican, monarchical, and despotic. - Montesquieu

24. Here is my first principle of foreign policy: good government at home. - William E. Gladstone

25. When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home. - Winston Churchill

26. Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

27. A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. - George Bernard Shaw

28. Democracy... is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder; and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike. - Plato

29. If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost. - Barack Obama

30. Democracy is not merely a form of government. It is primarily a mode of associated living, of conjoint communicated experience. It is essentially an attitude of respect and reverence towards fellow men. - B. R. Ambedkar

31. Good governance with good intentions is the hallmark of our government. Implementation with integrity is our core passion. - Narendra Modi

32. Our future cannot depend on the government alone. The ultimate solutions lie in the attitudes and the actions of the American people. - Joe Biden

33. The basis of our political system is the right of the people to make and to alter their constitutions of government. - George Washington

34. A government must not waiver once it has chosen its course. It must not look to the left or right but go forward. - Otto von Bismarck

35. Building sustainable cities - and a sustainable future - will need open dialogue among all branches of national, regional and local government. And it will need the engagement of all stakeholders - including the private sector and civil society, and especially the poor and marginalized. - Ban Ki-moon

36. For success of any mission, it is necessary to have creative leadership. Creative leadership is vital for government, non-governmental organisations as well as for industries. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

37. The object of my relationship with Vietnam has been to heal the wounds that exist, particularly among our veterans, and to move forward with a positive relationship,... Apparently some in the Vietnamese government don't want to do that and that's their decision. - Ho Chi Minh

38. Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man. - Ronald Reagan

39. If liberty and equality, as is thought by some, are chiefly to be found in democracy, they will be best attained when all persons alike share in government to the utmost. - Aristotle

40. Government's first duty and highest obligation is public safety. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

41. The first duty of government is to see that people have food, fuel, and clothes. The second, that they have means of moral and intellectual education. - John Ruskin

42. China's republican politics is like a child who just started schooling. He must have a good teacher and be surrounded by good friends. By the same token, the Chinese people, new to the republican politics, must be educated properly. The revolutionary government should be the people's tutor to impart advanced awareness and experience. - Sun Yat-sen.

Fourth-Pillar-Media-1.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer