Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-27 17:24:43

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Ancestors Quotes

Ancestors Quotes

1. There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his. - Helen Keller

2. It is indeed a desirable thing to be well-descended, but the glory belongs to our ancestors. - Plutarch

3. The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who... looked enviously on the birds soaring freely through space... on the infinite highway of the air. - Wilbur Wright

4.  Every man is a quotation from all his ancestors. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Tradition means giving votes to the most obscure of all classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead. Tradition refuses to submit to that arrogant oligarchy who merely happen to be walking around. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

6. What I would like to do is to leave behind a sustainable entity of a set of companies that operate in an exemplary manner in terms of ethics, values and continue what our ancestors left behind. - Ratan Tata

7. Who serves his country well has no need of ancestors. - Voltaire

8. Humans are distinguished from other species by a massive brain that enables us to imagine a future and influence it by what we do in the present. By using experience, knowledge and insight, our ancestors recognized they could anticipate dangers and opportunities and take steps to exploit advantages and avoid hazards. - David Suzuki

9. Every book is a quotation; and every house is a quotation out of all forests, and mines, and stone quarries; and every man is a quotation from all his ancestors. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. Millions of us, myself included, go back generations in this country, with ancestors who put in the painstaking work to become citizens. So we don't like the notion that anyone might get a free pass to American citizenship. - Barack Obama

11. A spirit of innovation is generally the result of a selfish temper and confined views. People will not look forward to posterity, who never look backward to their ancestors. - Edmund Burke

12. Each has his own tree of ancestors, but at the top of all sits Probably Arboreal. - Robert Louis Stevenson

13. Somebody would think I was trying to get favored treatment because my ancestors had the name Moon. And that's a joke. - Buzz Aldrin.

Ancestors-1024x707.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer