Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-29 17:37:20

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Artist Quotes

Artist Quotes

1. Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced. - Leo Tolstoy

2. The highest art is always the most religious, and the greatest artist is always a devout person. - Abraham Lincoln

3. Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. - Pablo Picasso

4. The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery. - Francis Bacon

5. I love power. But it is as an artist that I love it. I love it as a musician loves his violin, to draw out its sounds and chords and harmonies. - Napoleon Bonaparte

6. The artist in me cries out for design. - Robert Frost

7. Never trust the artist. Trust the tale. The proper function of the critic is to save the tale from the artist who created it. - D. H. Lawrence

8. The artist, like the God of the creation, remains within or behind or beyond or above his handiwork, invisible, refined out of existence, indifferent, paring his fingernails. - James Joyce

9. True art is characterized by an irresistible urge in the creative artist. - Albert Einstein

10. Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter. - Oscar Wilde

11. The true artist is not proud: he unfortunately sees that art has no limits; he feels darkly how far he is from the goal, and though he may be admired by others, he is sad not to have reached that point to which his better genius only appears as a distant, guiding sun. - Ludwig van Beethoven

12. The progress of an artist is a continual self-sacrifice, a continual extinction of personality. - T. S. Eliot

13. The best artist has that thought alone Which is contained within the marble shell; The sculptor's hand can only break the spell To free the figures slumbering in the stone. - Michelangelo

14. If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him. - John F. Kennedy

15. An artist needn't be a clergyman or a churchwarden, but he certainly must have a warm heart for his fellow men. - Vincent Van Gogh

16. Any artist, the work you do, if it's a painting or if it's a performance, you hope it translates to a common denominator with the people that they see something in their own life in there. Or they see something in somebody else's life. That's what's fun about sharing art. - Matthew McConaughey

17. I want to be an artist that everyone can relate to, that's young, happy and fun. - Britney Spears

18. Every artist was first an amateur. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

19. A great artist is a great man in a great child. - Victor Hugo

20. A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, objective economist and evolutionary strategist. - R. Buckminster Fuller

21. The poet, being an imitator like a painter or any other artist, must of necessity imitate one of three objects - things as they were or are, things as they are said or thought to be, or things as they ought to be. The vehicle of expression is language - either current terms or, it may be, rare words or metaphors. - Aristotle

22. All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. - Pablo Picasso

23. A true artist is one who, even after doing a lot, he reminds himself that he hasn't done anything. - Mahesh Bhatt

24. I've been called many names like perfectionist, difficult and obsessive. I think it takes obsession, takes searching for the details for any artist to be good. - Barbra Streisand

25. The greatest compliment I ever got was when people called me an artist, and I understand that solo aspect of being an artist, when you're in there by yourself, trying to do something great, and people who don't even know you can come up and just dump on you. - John McEnroe

26. Bullfighting is the only art in which the artist is in danger of death and in which the degree of brilliance in the performance is left to the fighter's honor. - Ernest Hemingway

27. The artist alone sees spirits. But after he has told of their appearing to him, everybody sees them. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

28. Glorious bouquets and storms of applause are the trimmings which every artist naturally enjoys. - Golda Meir

29. There should be a law that no ordinary newspaper should be allowed to write about art. The harm they do by their foolish and random writing it would be impossible to overestimate - not to the artist, but to the public, blinding them to all but harming the artist not at all. - Oscar Wilde

30. I think an artist's responsibility is more complex than people realize. - Jodie Foster

31. I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. - Albert Einstein

32. To be in any way a positive contribution, that's all anybody wants to be. It's all I've ever wanted to be. I wanted to be an artist, be a mother. You want to feel that in your life you've been of use, in whatever way that comes out. - Angelina Jolie.

Artist_rithika.jpg?w=600&dpr=1.3

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer