Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-14 18:05:37

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Athlete Quotes

Athlete Quotes

1. At the end of the day, if you're a professional athlete in track and field you are the CEO of your company. - Carl Lewis

2. In college I never realized the opportunities available to a pro athlete. I've been given the chance to meet all kinds of people, to travel and expand my financial capabilities, to get ideas and learn about life, to create a world apart from basketball. - Michael Jordan

3. The biggest learning is that an athlete needs to know when to stop. To know that if I push beyond this, there could be a problem. - Neeraj Chopra

4. Whatever luck I had, I made. I was never a natural athlete, but I paid my dues in sweat and concentration and took the time necessary to learn karate and become world champion. - Chuck Norris

5. You can't control what the other athlete is going to do; you can't control anything except for your competition and how you execute the race or how you execute the task. - Michael Johnson

6. The actor becomes an emotional athlete. The process is painful - my personal life suffers. - Al Pacino

7. If you look at any superior athlete, you will find a strong parental influence. Parents introduce their children to a sport, and then they support them. - Ivan Lendl

8. I found the emotion that as an athlete you block out, and it really helped me to understand myself as a person. I'm a really emotional person and it helped make me a better person. - Carl Lewis

9. The main thing about Bruce Lee is that, he was a little guy. And you know, his quickness, his aggressiveness, his explosive power, you have to be a great athlete to have all these, his body, his look, you know, all these things have to do with discipline and structure. He was able to go against the biggest guy, regardless of who he was. - Evander Holyfield

10. I was always a mean and lean athlete - not tall - not large. - Edwin Moses

11. It takes about eight years to develop as an Olympic athlete, very few athletes actually who go there win medal in their first Games. - Abhinav Bindra

12. I want to be remembered as a great athlete. As a boxing champion. - Idi Amin

13. I'm very serious about becoming a dramatic actor. I don't want to play cameo parts walking on as Carl Lewis the athlete. I want to go on stage or screen and be taken seriously. - Carl Lewis

14. It is very dangerous to have your self-worth riding on your results as an athlete. - Jim Courier

15. I wouldn't say I'm a phenomenon, just a great athlete. - Usain Bolt

16. Like every other athlete, I always dreamt of playing at the Olympics, and it feels really good to see that dream materialize. - Mary Kom

17. There is one thing on which most athletes and experts seem to agree. If you want to be an elite athlete, good nutrition at a young age is an important place to start. - Chuck Norris

18. Everybody doesn't get to do each and every film. I don't compete with others; I compete with myself. I have been an athlete, a sportsperson; so I know how to be competitive in a healthy way. - Deepika Padukone

19. I'm an athlete and I'm black, and a lot of black athletes go broke. I do not want to become a statistic, so maybe I overcompensate. But I'm paranoid. Oprah told me a long time ago, 'You sign every check. Never let anyone sign any checks.' - Serena Williams

20. Athletics talent is more prominent in the villages than in the urban areas because the main factor determining the difference is hard work which is an integral part of an athlete's training. - Milkha Singh

21. It's not my place to tell you whom to vote for, to take any political stand, to tell you what religion to believe in. I'm an athlete. I can influence certain things, but when I see other athletes and celebrities telling you whom to vote for, I actually get a bit offended. - Pete Sampras

22. I think nowadays it's so easy as an athlete to become a statistic whether or not you lose everything or having trouble or whatever it may be. - Venus Williams

23. I think one has to understand that there are stages in life, and that the life of an athlete has its limits. It's short, and then it stops, and sooner or later you have to accept that. - David Nalbandian

24. People tend to like an athlete's performance, but if you don't get a feeling for the individual, you're not very emotive about them. - Daley Thompson

25. As an athlete, I used my speed, agility and quickness to go out and play against the big guys. - Michael Chang

26. Quality training is what I do now; before it was a combination of both quality and quantity. Now I'm not trying to be a world-class athlete, I don't need to train at that level. It's about being fit, fit for life. - Jackie Joyner-Kersee

27. As an athlete, I was never really comfortable with being a celebrity. - Michael Johnson

28. Arthur Ashe had been the first black athlete to play Johannesburg at the time of apartheid. - Yannick Noah

29. I always tried to hide the fact that I was an athlete. I just wanted to be normal. - Lindsay Davenport

30. I love what I do and I love being an athlete, but I also love all the things that have come with it. - Maria Sharapova

31. I'm an athlete, so I can get up one day and run and it wouldn't bother me. I don't get the time because I work for long hours every day. Being constantly on the move itself helps me stay fit. I don't go to a gym. I use the stairs, not the lift. I'm not into fitness, but I feel I should start, as it's healthy. - Genelia D'Souza

32. I think cricket is there in Usain Bolt's blood. Since I got to watch from close quarters, it was amazing to see him run up to bowl. The perfect delivery stride is understandable because he is a world champion athlete. But the manner - he loaded at the crease and then bowled the ball - left me zapped. He looked like a natural cricketer. - Harbhajan Singh

33. When I look back, I am happy that my mum took me to the gymnastics club. I didn't join gymnastics to become a famous athlete or celebrity; it just happened - I did more than I expected, of course. - Nadia Comaneci

34. No other athlete in any sport has ever had to go through what I have to. John McEnroe

21820499801_7cb12b1043_b.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer