Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-15 17:50:26

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Atmosphere Quotes

Atmosphere Quotes

1. A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live. - Bertrand Russell

2. We're running the most dangerous experiment in history right now, which is to see how much carbon dioxide the atmosphere... can handle before there is an environmental catastrophe. - Elon Musk

3. Being able to go into Wimbledon and be part of an amazing atmosphere is special. - Kate Middleton

4. My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation. - Arthur Conan Doyle

5. Tennis is a perfect combination of violent action taking place in an atmosphere of total tranquillity. - Billie Jean King

6. Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise. - Victor Hugo

7. If the Almighty were to rebuild the world and asked me for advice, I would have English Channels round every country. And the atmosphere would be such that anything which attempted to fly would be set on fire - Winston Churchill

8. A woman should be home with the children, building that home and making sure there's a secure family atmosphere. - Mel Gibson

9. Fiction is to the grown man what play is to the child; it is there that he changes the atmosphere and tenor of his life. - Robert Louis Stevenson

10. The events that I have attended to mark my Diamond Jubilee have been a humbling experience. It has touched me deeply to see so many thousands of families, neighbors and friends celebrating together in such a happy atmosphere. - Queen Elizabeth II

11. We have reached a new milestone as a human family. With seven billion of us now inhabiting our planet, it is time to ask some fundamental questions. How can we provide a dignified life for ourselves and future generations while preserving and protecting the global commons - the atmosphere, the oceans and the ecosystems that support us? - Ban Ki-moon

12. The atmosphere of orthodoxy is always damaging to prose, and above all it is completely ruinous to the novel, the most anarchical of all forms of literature. - George Orwell

13. Twitter is my bar. I sit at the counter and listen to the conversations, starting others, feeling the atmosphere. - Paulo Coelho

14. It's not as though we can keep burning coal in our power plants. Coal is a finite resource, too. We must find alternatives, and it's a better idea to find alternatives sooner then wait until we run out of coal, and in the meantime, put God knows how many trillions of tons of CO2 that used to be buried underground into the atmosphere. - Elon Musk

15. The fundamental importance of the subject of molecular diffraction came first to be recognized through the theoretical work of the late Lord Rayleigh on the blue light of the sky, which he showed to be the result of the scattering of sunlight by the gases of the atmosphere. - C. V. Raman

16. We should've asked China to be a portion of the space station. We should've worked out ways that we can... just give away the technology that we have that puts things up into space, with cooperation up above the atmosphere that's needed to help each other. - Buzz Aldrin

17. The problem is that right from the beginning, there was this whole pressure that I've had to make it big. I don't know if it's my fault or if someone else created this atmosphere around me, but it's been there. - Akhil Akkineni

18. I know: If you're looking down at Earth, you're looking through an atmosphere that has a bit of haze in many places and not just occasional clouds. - Buzz Aldrin

19. For me, and most of the other players, too, if you had to pick one of the four Grand Slams, you would pick Wimbledon. It's got tradition, it's got atmosphere, and it's got mystique. - Stefan Edberg

20. Sudheer Varma is very easy going and very confident director. He knows exactly what he wants. He has a very good vision and knows how many shots he wants for a scene. He is super fast. He gives freedom for actors to try different things. The atmosphere on the sets was never serious. We had great fun working together. - Kriti Sanon

21. In international cricket, the atmosphere changes, and the interest level is higher, but for a cricketer, it is still a game he has to play. - Virender Sehwag

22. The Arabs are looking forward to developing their region, which the long years of war had prevented from finding its true place in today's world, in an atmosphere of democracy, pluralism, and prosperity. - Yasser Arafat

23. There is a distinct layer between the Earth and the universe, which is extremely black. Slowly, the entire universe starts to look 3D, like you can fly through it rather than this sphere of blackness overhead. And when you're above the atmosphere, there isn't water vapour in the air to make things foggy. - Sunita Williams

24. We should be working for protecting unity and integrity of the country... We should all strive to maintain a conducive atmosphere among the different communities. - Rajnath Singh

26. When you have confidence, the atmosphere in the dressing room also improves. - Inzamam-ul-Haq

27. One of the reasons why you want to play cricket is to play in front of big crowds, and in India, it is the perfect place to do that. The atmosphere here is like no other place in the world. Having experienced it once, you want to keep coming back. - Andrew Flintoff

28. Gandhiji was educated in an English atmosphere, and if you understand the British, you can truly understand his principle of offering the other cheek when you are slapped on one. - Rohini Hattangadi

29. Companies that are willing to share, to withhold in order to further the growth of the company, willing to try to get a better atmosphere through a demonstration of democratic principles, fairness and cooperation, a better product, those will win in the end. - E. O. Wilson

30. Movie-making is serious business. The director and the crew are already under a lot of pressure to give their best to the audience. Therefore, the best part for me as an actor is to act well in the movies and make a jolly atmosphere with the co-stars on the sets. - Abhishek Bachchan.

Atmosphere-Layers-123rf-768x505.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer