Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-17 17:14:45

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Attachment and Attached Quotes

Attachment and Attached Quotes

1. Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains. - Thomas Jefferson

2. Attachment and aversion are the root cause of karma, and karma originates from infatuation. Karma is the root cause of birth and death, and these are said to be the source of misery. None can escape the effect of their own past karma. - Mahavira

3. A slender acquaintance with the world must convince every man that actions, not words, are the true criterion of the attachment of friends. - George Washington

4. Why is it braver to be a single mother versus being with a partner? Being in a couple and having a child could be more challenging because there might be conflict if the male partner cannot understand the extreme attachment a woman feels when she has a child. - Monica Cruz

5. We shot many films in Delhi that turned out to be successful at the box office. So the attachment is definitely on the positive side. - Anushka Sharma

6. People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them. - George Bernard Shaw

7. I would have a workshop attached to every school, and one hour a day given up to the teaching of simple decorative arts. It would be a golden hour to the children. - Oscar Wilde

8. The charm of fame is so great that we like every object to which it is attached, even death. - Blaise Pascal

9. I see what happens when one gets very attached to material things. That's just not what my life is. - Alicia Keys

10. I myself feel that it is very important that my ISP supplies internet to my house like the water company supplies water to my house. It supplies connectivity with no strings attached. - Tim Berners-Lee

11. It's very important to learn quick lessons from your failures, very important to recognize symptoms of failure pretty early, and it is very, very important to not to be attached too much to the idea - you have to know when to give up an idea. - N. R. Narayana Murthy

12. I get emotionally attached with every film I do, and that stops me from being critical. I can't fight my emotions. - Dhanush

13. I'm not the kind of person who likes to shout out my personal issues from the rooftops, but with my bipolar becoming public, I hope fellow sufferers will know it's completely controllable. I hope I can help remove any stigma attached to it, and that those who don't have it under control will seek help with all that is available to treat it. - Catherine Zeta-Jones

14. I think the person creates the artist. And I think when you get lost within your person, your artistry get lost, too. It's like in 'Birdman.' Because the artist inside you is attached to your soul. And when you're not attached to yourself anymore, the soul goes away. You can't let that happen. - Monica Bellucci

15. I am most attached to my mother, who always travels with me when I am on an outdoor location or abroad. She is my friend, who I share everything with. - Kajal Aggarwal

16. I am not one of those people who will ever be comfortable mocking or making caricatures of the stereotypes attached to any community. - Abhishek Bachchan

17. I'm very attached to Real, more so than Barcelona. - Ronaldo

18. My time on TV has been awesome; between 'Party Of Five' and 'Ghost Whisperer,' I've been severely lucky in great long runs on TV series that were attached to the heart and got into the audiences' hearts. - Jennifer Love Hewitt

19. When you are not part of an industry, your knowledge of that field is based on what you read and hear and on the stereotypes that are attached to it. - Anushka Sharma

20. We have harmonies, folk songs, and compositions attached to each occasion - ranging from birth, harvest, to our festivals. Our country thrives on culture, music, and arts. Musically, ours is a very rich country. - Shankar Mahadevan

21. I am as attached to my career as a producer as I was to my career as an actress. - Saira Banu

22. Whether I act or direct I ensure that there is a social message attached. - Neena Gupta.

please-find-attached-alternative.jpeg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer