Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-20 17:53:46

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Attain, and Attained Quotes

Attain, and Attained Quotes

1. All that spirits desire, spirits attain. - Khalil Gibran

2. Alone let him constantly meditate in solitude on that which is salutary for his soul, for he who meditates in solitude attains supreme bliss. - Guru Nanak

3. To attain any assured knowledge about the soul is one of the most difficult things in the world. - Aristotle

4. The chief condition on which, life, health and vigor depend on, is action. It is by action that an organism develops its faculties, increases its energy, and attains the fulfillment of its destiny. - Colin Powell

5. There is nothing, Sir, too little for so little a creature as man. It is by studying little things that we attain the great art of having as little misery and as much happiness as possible. - Samuel Johnson

6. As long as the shackles of wealth and property bind us, we will remain accursed forever and never attain the altar of humanity, which is life's ultimate goal. - Munshi Premchand

7. I am an enthusiast, but not a crank in the sense that I have some pet theories as to the proper construction of a flying machine. I wish to avail myself of all that is already known and then, if possible, add my mite to help on the future worker who will attain final success. - Wilbur Wright

8. I wrote 'Reaching for the Moon' because I wanted to tell kids that all of us have a moon, a dream, that we can strive for. Even if you don't attain it, you can at least reach for it. - Buzz Aldrin

9. Education is all about igniting young minds and enabling them to attain their fullest potential. - Nita Ambani

10. Those who attain any excellence, commonly spend life in one pursuit; for excellence is not often gained upon easier terms. - Samuel Johnson

11. The first duty of a state is to see that every child born therein shall be well housed, clothed, fed and educated till it attains years of discretion. - John Ruskin

12. It's only now that I see the bigger picture: Our ways to attain spirituality may be different - through diverse religious, customs and traditions - but they're modeled on similar principles and ideologies. That's what ties us all together. - Sunita Williams

13. The Ganga remains sacred from Gomukh, its source, to Ganga sagar, where it enters the ocean. It sanctifies the tributaries, which attain the very nature of Ganga. Similar is Sanskrit; sacred by itself, it sanctifies all that come into its contact. - Sushma Swaraj

14. Clearly, some creative thinking is badly needed if humans are to have a future beyond Earth. Returning to the Moon may be worthy and attainable, but it fails to capture the public's imagination. What does get people excited is the prospect of a mission to Mars. - Paul Davies

15. After accepting the captaincy at the beginning of the 1998 season, I immediately set high but attainable goals for the West Indies cricket team and myself. - Brian Lara

16. Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained. - Marie Curie

17. The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

18. Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. - Voltaire

19. Treat those who are good with goodness, and also treat those who are not good with goodness. Thus goodness is attained. Be honest to those who are honest, and be also honest to those who are not honest. Thus honesty is attained. - Lao Tzu

20. True happiness... is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose. - Helen Keller

21. The happiness and peace attained by those satisfied by the nectar of spiritual tranquillity is not attained by greedy persons restlessly moving here and there. - Chanakya

22. If liberty and equality, as is thought by some, are chiefly to be found in democracy, they will be best attained when all persons alike share in government to the utmost. - Aristotle

23. Wealth, like happiness, is never attained when sought after directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service. - Henry Ford

24. To unfold the secret laws and relations of those high faculties of thought by which all beyond the merely perceptive knowledge of the world and of ourselves is attained or matured, is a object which does not stand in need of commendation to a rational mind. - George Boole

25. Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose. - Helen Keller

26. Watching sunrise and sunset from space, which is a beautiful sight, has been a personal privilege I have attained while being there. Another reflection from within I felt was that there was nothing which was neither visible and nor with a supportive environment as to how Planet Earth is. - Rakesh Sharma

27. I had now arrived at my seventeenth year, and had attained my full height, a fraction over six feet. I was well endowed with youthful energy, and was of an extremely sanguine temperament. - Henry Bessemer

28. The novel is the highest form of human expression so far attained. Why? Because it is so incapable of the absolute. - D. H. Lawrence

29. There can be no 'graduated exercises in drawing' leading up to an artistic creation. That goal can be attained only through the development of mechanical technique and through the freedom of the spirit. - Maria Montessori

30. The fact that I had attained stardom never affected me too much. - Mohammad Azharuddin.

Difference-Between-Obtain-and-Attain-2.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer