Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-23 16:58:09

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Attend Quotes

Attend Quotes

1. A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines. - Benjamin Franklin

2. I must confess that I lead a miserable life. For almost two years, I have ceased to attend any social functions, just because I find it impossible to say to people, 'I am deaf.' If I had any other profession, I might be able to cope with my infirmity; but in my profession, it is a terrible handicap. - Ludwig van Beethoven

3. Nor dread nor hope attend a dying animal; a man awaits his end dreading and hoping all. - William Butler Yeats

4. We have all a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be. - Jane Austen

5. As a graduate student at Harvard, I had to explain quite a few times that I was allowed to attend a university as a woman in Iran. - Maryam Mirzakhani

6. I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. - Mark Twain

7. I attend to my fitness. I go the gym every day and try to maintain my physical fitness; without that, it is tough to take challenges on the chess board. - Viswanathan Anand

8. Your cravings as a human animal do not become a prayer just because it is God whom you ask to attend to them. - Dag Hammarskjold

9. Film fests are an opportunity to see different kinds of films that you usually don't get to watch. When I'm part of a jury, then I get to judge films, but otherwise I attend festivals to watch two or three films a day and network with a gathering of cinema lovers from all over. - Mani Ratnam

10. From my childhood, I am like this. I never go parties and attend functions. - Mahesh Babu

11. Several people have told me that one of the most meaningful events they could attend would be something at the White House with their children. - Hillary Clinton

12. When I used to teach yoga in Bangalore and Mumbai, I noticed many clients struggling to cope with their weight. During some days, they would come in with plans to work out harder than usual because of events they'd have to attend later that week. The insecurity of appearance is something everyone goes through... even I. - Anushka Shetty

13. I was profoundly moved to be the first United Nations Secretary-General to attend the Peace Memorial Ceremony in Hiroshima. I also visited Nagasaki. Sadly, we know the terrible humanitarian consequences from the use of even one weapon. As long as such weapons exist, so, too, will the risks of use and proliferation. - Ban Ki-moon

14. I have been a loner... even when I was working, you would hardly see me at any parties - unless once a year, if I have to attend some big function. - Dimple Kapadia

15. I still live as normal a life as anybody else. I have two homes to run. I have my staff to take care of. I work, pay bills and attend society meetings like everybody else. - Deepika Padukone

16. Nepal is our closest neighbour, and we must make every effort to ensure that, as a small neighbour, we attend to their perceptions. Even when they are wrong, we have an obligation to create an environment in which the common people in Nepal feel that in India they have a great friend. - Manmohan Singh

17. Because of my negative image, people used to hate me. I remember an incident while shooting for 'Zamaanat.' I was bitten twice by a cobra and the crew went to call a lady doctor whose clinic was close to the sets. She just refused to attend to me! - Ranjeet

18. A hero has to become a comedian to do a comic role but a comedian does not have to do anything. People laugh at him anyway. Even when I attend funerals, people look at my face and laugh. - Johnny Lever

19. We Kapoors are very family-minded people. For us only family is important and we make it a point to attend each other's birthday parties and special occasions. - Randhir Kapoor

20. During the time of Olympics I felt very lonely. Nobody was there at my side, to guide me or attend to my needs. In the Olympic village I had to travel alone up to the mess and competition ground as well as to the practice ground. - P. T. Usha.

15158_Lectures_university_2.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer