Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-30 17:27:22

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Attribute and Attributed Quotes

Attribute and Attributed Quotes

1. I attribute my success to this - I never gave or took any excuse. - Florence Nightingale

2. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Mahatma Gandhi

3. There's too much tendency to attribute to God the evils that man does of his own free will. - Agatha Christie

4. From the smallest necessity to the highest religious abstraction, from the wheel to the skyscraper, everything we are and everything we have comes from one attribute of man - the function of his reasoning mind. - Ayn Rand

5. But if nothing but soul, or in soul mind, is qualified to count, it is impossible for there to be time unless there is soul, but only that of which time is an attribute, i.e. if change can exist without soul. - Aristotle

6. The energy you create around you is perhaps going to be the most important attribute - in the long run, EQ trumps IQ. Without being a source of energy for others, very little can be accomplished. - Satya Nadella

7. I have also seen children successfully surmounting the effects of an evil inheritance. That is due to purity being an inherent attribute of the soul. - Mahatma Gandhi

8. People who are in a fortunate position always attribute virtue to what makes them so happy. - John Kenneth Galbraith

9. It is not proper to project our feelings onto things or to attribute our own sensations and passions to them. Can it also be improper to see in them a guide, a way of life? - Octavio Paz

10. I love my father very much. I attribute so much of the person I am today to the values that he and my mother set for us, and the way they encouraged us every day of our lives to go out and find what we love doing and to fulfill our potential and really be happy. - Ivanka Trump

11. It is therefore not unreasonable to suppose that some portion of the neglect of science in England, may be attributed to the system of education we pursue. - Charles Babbage

12. King Louis Philippe once said to me that he attributed the great success of the British nation in political life to their talking politics after dinner. - Benjamin Disraeli

13. After all, science is essentially international, and it is only through lack of the historical sense that national qualities have been attributed to it. - Marie Curie

14. I think it's a change that I did not intend at the time but it is clear that, from The Flower of My Secret on, there is a change in my films. A lot of the journalists have very generously attributed this to my growing maturity. - Pedro Almodovar

15. The concept of zero is attributed to the Hindus. The Hindus were also the first to use zero in the way it is used today. - Shakuntala Devi.

Attribute-Representation-in-ER-Diagram.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer