Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-14 17:16:43

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Avoid Quotes

Avoid Quotes

1. A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it. - Jean de La Fontaine

2. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. There is no reason not to follow your heart. - Steve Jobs

3. This world of ours... must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

4. Success in creating AI would be the biggest event in human history. Unfortunately, it might also be the last, unless we learn how to avoid the risks. - Stephen Hawking

5. The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure, but to avoid pain. - Aristotle

6. Avoid popularity if you would have peace. -Abraham Lincoln

7. The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it. - Dale Carnegie

8. A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble. - Mahatma Gandhi

9. To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. - Barack Obama

10. The higher the sun ariseth, the less shadow doth he cast; even so the greater is the goodness, the less doth it covet praise; yet cannot avoid its rewards in honours. - Lao Tzu

11. Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. - Theodore Roosevelt

12. Children need to get a high-quality education, avoid violence and the criminal-justice system, and gain jobs. But they deserve more. We want them to learn not only reading and math but fairness, caring, self-respect, family commitment, and civic duty. - Colin Powell

13. I'm shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I've done everything I can to avoid it. - Johnny Depp

14. Avoid popularity; it has many snares, and no real benefit. - William Penn

15. One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny. - Bertrand Russell

16. If they want peace, nations should avoid the pin-pricks that precede cannon shots. - Napoleon Bonaparte

17. Always be ready to speak your mind, and a base man will avoid you. - William Blake

18. I'll never tell a lie. I'll never make a misleading statement. I'll never betray the confidence that any of you had in me. And I'll never avoid a controversial issue. -Jimmy Carter

19. Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately it is the one thing that, whatever you do, you cannot avoid. -Salvador Dali

20. I always avoid prophesying beforehand, because it is a much better policy to prophesy after the event has already taken place. - Winston Churchill

21. The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. - George Bernard Shaw

22. Would that I were a dry well, and that the people tossed stones into me, for that would be easier than to be a spring of flowing water that the thirsty pass by, and from which they avoid drinking. - Khalil Gibran

23. The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions. - Paulo Coelho

24. Together we are stronger, our voices louder, and the synergy of our actions more powerful. Together we can prevail on the Navy to put commonsense safeguards in place, like requiring its ships to avoid the most sensitive marine mammal habitats and to stop their training exercises during peak migrations. -Pierce Brosnan

25. Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

26. Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die young, but then you'd never complete your life, would you? You'd never wholly know you. - Marilyn Monroe

27. It is our duty still to endeavor to avoid war; but if it shall actually take place, no matter by whom brought on, we must defend ourselves. If our house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or without, we must try to extinguish it. - Thomas Jefferson

28. The resolution to avoid an evil is seldom framed till the evil is so far advanced as to make avoidance impossible. - Thomas Hardy

29. The most interesting biofuel efforts avoid using land that's expensive and has high opportunity costs. They do this by getting onto other types of land, or taking advantage of byproducts that aren't used in the food chain today, or by intercropping. - Bill Gates

30. The pilgrims on the Mayflower landed at Plymouth Rock. To my knowledge, they didn't wait around for a return trip to Europe. You settle some place with a purpose. If you don't want to do that, stay home. You avoid an awful lot of risks by not venturing outward. - Buzz Aldrin

31. The fashion of the world is to avoid cost, and you encounter it. -William Shakespeare

32. It would be great to be able to pass on to someone all of the successes, the failures, and the knowledge that one has had. To help someone, avoid all the fire, pain and anxiety would be wonderful. - Sylvester Stallone

33. If an educational act is to be efficacious, it will be only that one which tends to help toward the complete unfolding of life. To be thus helpful it is necessary rigorously to avoid the arrest of spontaneous movements and the imposition of arbitrary tasks. - Maria Montessori

34. I'm full of fears and I do my best to avoid difficulties and any kind of complications. I like everything around me to be clear as crystal and completely calm. - Alfred Hitchcock

35. Time travel was once considered scientific heresy, and I used to avoid talking about it for fear of being labelled a 'crank.' - Stephen Hawking

36. I get cold really quickly, but I don't care. I like weather. I never understand why people move someplace so that they can avoid weather. -Holly Hunter.

6-mistakes-to-avoid-when-writing-your-meta-descriptions-5f86fd0c5f18c-1520x800.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer