Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-10 16:01:22

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Banks, Bankers, and Banking Quotes

Banks, Bankers, and Banking Quotes

1. The process by which banks create money is so simple that the mind is repelled. - John Kenneth Galbraith

2. It is my wish that my ashes may repose on the banks of the Seine, in the midst of the French people, whom I have loved so well. - Napoleon Bonaparte

3. The government of India is consistently very advanced. When the world was hesitant on UNIX, we were the first to move in; the RBI said that all banks will implement on UNIX. It worked! - Shiv Nadar

4. What we're seeing now is that greed is still alive and kicking, and banks are bigger than ever. - Brad Pitt

5. I am an intelligent river which has reflected successively all the banks before which it has flowed by meditating only on the images offered by those changing shores. - Victor Hugo

6. The Japanese banks are not having an easy time as they once had. - David Rockefeller

7. Being some country lad from the banks of the River Boyne, I never wanted to be wealthy. I was driven by artistic intention. Pierce Brosnan

8. The big issue is how much money can the government infuse for the capitalisation of the banks when we have quite a few private banks doing well. Does the government of India really require this number of public sector banks? - Anurag Thakur

9. Bankers know that history is inflationary and that money is the last thing a wise man will hoard. - Will Durant

10. It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning. - Henry Ford

11. It is not by augmenting the capital of the country, but by rendering a greater part of that capital active and productive than would otherwise be so, that the most judicious operations of banking can increase the industry of the country. - Adam Smith

12. I sincerely believe... that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies. - Thomas Jefferson

13. Well what would happen is that if Greece defaulted and couldn't pay its debts, all the Greek bonds that are held in other banking systems across Western Europe would suddenly have no value. You could as a knock-on effect create a banking crisis in Western Europe. - John Major

14. If you don't have a functioning financial system the world economy won't be revived. All the major economies have their responsibility to assist at a pace which is required to clean up the balance sheet of the banking system and to ensure that credit flows are resumed. - Manmohan Singh

15. If you are moving the informal economy into the formal economy, and if the transactions which for years were never reported as part of GDP are now transacted through banking channels, it will only add to the GDP, not reduce the GDP. - Piyush Goyal.

01-1438416585-banking-1551673031.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer