Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-10 17:59:41

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bar and Bars Quotes

Bar and Bars Quotes

1. Poverty must not be a bar to learning and learning must offer an escape from poverty. - Lyndon B. Johnson

2. I played in front of every conceivable audience you could face: an all-black audience, all-white, firemen's fairs, policemen's balls, in front of supermarkets, bar mitzvahs, weddings, drive-in theaters. I'd seen it all before I ever walked into a recording studio. - Bruce Springsteen

3. We may have our private opinions but why should they be a bar to the meeting of hearts? - Mahatma Gandhi

4. People who watch 'Fox News,' you may say, and this is anecdotal, but they are passionate about it. In the most unlikely places, like down in Soho where I used to live, people would come up to me and thank me for it. People I didn't know from a bar of soap. People appreciate that at least they're being heard. It is much more watchable. -Rupert Murdoch

5. For me, people like Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn have set the fitness bar very, very high. - Suniel Shetty

6. I think, for a long time, people just did not know what to do with me. I looked like a Barbie doll, and then I had this voice like I spend my life in a bar, and I said things that were alarming and had ideas that didn't make sense. - Sharon Stone

7. When you are so close to something, it's like a bar of soap - if someone says hold on to it, the harder you squeeze, the quicker it pops out of your hand. - Alastair Cook

8. Heat can also be produced by the impact of imperfectly elastic bodies as well as by friction. This is the case, for instance, when we produce fire by striking flint against steel, or when an iron bar is worked for some time by powerful blows of the hammer. - Hermann von Helmholtz

9. Training helps you get physically stronger and a lot of times it helps you push the bar mentally as well. - Dinesh Karthik

10. The good thing about people underestimating models is that the bar is set so low, you tend to impress people more easily. - Cindy Crawford

11. If I got into a fight in a bar, I'd miss the dude by miles. I wouldn't know how to connect. It would be a comedy. - Pierce Brosnan

12. I had more pressure when I competed in Moscow. I had no pressure in Montreal because I only went to do my routines and hoping I didn't mess it up when I was on the bar. When I came back, 10,000 people were at the airport and I thought, 'Why?' because, in my mind, I hadn't done anything different from what I used to do in my gym. - Nadia Comaneci

13. It's a constant quest to push the bar and work in films that allow me to prove what I can do as an artist. - Tamannaah

14. I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over. - Warren Buffett

15. We all have our food weaknesses and mine is snacking. I have a sweet tooth and I love chocolate. But I have learned that if you plan ahead you can get round that. I always carry a few chocolate-flavoured protein bars when I'm travelling. - Jos Buttler

16. I don't tour the TV studios. I don't gossip over lunch. I don't drink in Parliament's bars. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve. I just get on with the job in front of me. - Theresa May

17. After an era of everything being super-sized, who would have thought that major companies would be racing to market smaller, lower-calorie versions of their snacks and beverages - from half-sized candy bars to little, mini soda cans? We see it everywhere we go. - Michelle Obama

18. When I was in the U.S., I was caught by the cops for speeding and charged a fine of 200 dollars. I didn't have so much money then - I was still a student - but I certainly didn't want to spend a night behind bars. I called a few of my friends frantically and they bailed me out of the situation. - Karthi.

bar%20soaps%20arranged%20with%20shadows.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer