Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-11 16:26:17

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bare and Barefoot Quotes

Bare and Barefoot Quotes

1. We are stripped bare by the curse of plenty. - Winston Churchill

2. Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. - Khalil Gibran

3. Let us learn to appreciate there will be times when the trees will be bare, and look forward to the time when we may pick the fruit. - Anton Chekhov

4. My sorrow, when she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree; she walks the sodden pasture lane. - Robert Frost

5. The abilities of man must fall short on one side or the other, like too scanty a blanket when you are abed. If you pull it upon your shoulders, your feet are left bare; if you thrust it down to your feet, your shoulders are uncovered. - Thomas Paine

6. I've laid my friends bare. - J. K. Rowling

7. Some people bare their entire life on the Internet. There are politicians and actors, who like that. But there are some who don't want to do that. - Akshaye Khanna

8. My only general rule was to steer away from things I played with the band over the past couple of tours. I was interested in re-shaping the Rising material for live shows, so people could hear the bare bones of that. - Bruce Springsteen

9. I am not someone who will bare my soul on Twitter. If I am angry with somebody, I will abuse them there, if I am happy, I will express it there. - Poonam Dhillon

10. By five or six, when the heels start to hurt, I kick off my shoes and walk bare feet. But that's not a big deal. Nobody else is at the office at that time, and as for singing loudly, I don't sing loudly. I might hum a tune at times when I am thinking about something, but that's all fine. Indra Nooyi

11. He that sows thorns should never go barefoot. - Benjamin Franklin

12. Yes, I started by running barefoot. My feet used to slip in canvas shoes. So we put them aside and ran barefoot. - Milkha Singh

13. In my everyday life, I just wear jeans, t-shirts and trainers - if I can go barefoot, that's even better. But for the events I have a stylist, and in two hours we have selected a whole outfit. - Penelope Cruz

14. I'm barefoot whenever I can be. - Shakira

15. When our forbears - yours and mine - came to America, they came because this country promised them something. It promised them an opportunity, nourished by education, not merely to grind for a bare living, but to strive for a good life. - Robert Kennedy.

7556b6a1fb195791df5f61cc4bea2f21.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer