Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-04 16:16:21

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Before Quotes

Before Quotes

1. The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

2. A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Winston Churchill

3. You have to dream before your dreams can come true. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

4. I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong. - Queen Elizabeth II

5. It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning. - Henry Ford

6. I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me. - Isaac Newton

7. A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. - Oscar Wilde

8. The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. - Muhammad Ali

9. We're running the most dangerous experiment in history right now, which is to see how much carbon dioxide the atmosphere... can handle before there is an environmental catastrophe. - Elon Musk

10. When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred. - Thomas Jefferson

11. Before anything else, preparation is the key to success. - Alexander Graham Bell

12. We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them. - Khalil Gibran

13. Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once. - William Shakespeare

14. We look before and after, And pine for what is not; Our sincerest laughter With some pain is fraught; Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought. - Percy Bysshe Shelley

15. Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. - George Washington

16. Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. - Albert Einstein

17. Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions - Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead. - Chanakya

18. A lot of legends, a lot of people, have come before me. But this is my time. - Usain Bolt

19. Think 100 times before you take a decision, But once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man. - Muhammad Ali Jinnah

20. Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both, before we commit ourselves to either. - Aesop

21. If you see ten troubles coming down the road, you can be sure that nine will run into the ditch before they reach you. - Calvin Coolidge

22. Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. - John F. Kennedy

23. Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards. - Benjamin Franklin

24. The superior man acts before he speaks, and afterwards speaks according to his action. - Confucius

25. There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires. - Nelson Mandela

26. Before I came here I was confused about this subject. Having listened to your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level. - Enrico Fermi

27. People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election. - Otto von Bismarck

28. You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. - Michael Jordan

29. Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. - George Orwell

30. Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood. - T. S. Eliot

31. It is just that we should be grateful, not only to those with whose views we may agree, but also to those who have expressed more superficial views; for these also contributed something, by developing before us the powers of thought. - Aristotle

32. In nature we never see anything isolated, but everything in connection with something else which is before it, beside it, under it and over it. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

33. Climate change knows no borders. It will not stop before the Pacific islands and the whole of the international community here has to shoulder a responsibility to bring about a sustainable development. - Angela Merkel

34. You've got to love yourself first. You've got to be okay on your own before you can be okay with somebody else. - Jennifer Lopez

35. I don't try to intimidate anybody before a fight. That's nonsense. I intimidate people by hitting them. - Mike Tyson

36. Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find the right road. - Dag Hammarskjold

37. More than ever before in human history, we share a common destiny. We can master it only if we face it together. And that, my friends, is why we have the United Nations. - Kofi Annan

38. Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carroll

39. My scientific studies have afforded me great gratification; and I am convinced that it will not be long before the whole world acknowledges the results of my work. - Gregor Mendel

40. The man who is a pessimist before 48 knows too much; if he is an optimist after it, he knows too little. - Mark Twain

41. Cowards die many times before their actual deaths. - Julius Caesar

42. Things are more like they are now than they ever were before. - Dwight D. Eisenhower.

before-after-antonyms-word-card-opposites-concept-flashcard-english-language-learning_71593-1122.jpg?w=1380

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer