Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-28 18:11:15

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Better Things, Better Time, Better Tomorrow, and Better Way Quotes

Better Things, Better Time, Better Tomorrow, and Better Way Quotes

1. Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind. - C. S. Lewis

2. This Sunday School has been of help to me, greater perhaps than any other force in my Christian life, and I can ask no better things for you than that you, and all that shall come after you in this great band of workers for Christ, shall receive the same measure of blessedness which I have been permitted to have. - John D. Rockefeller

3. Although all the good arts serve to draw man's mind away from vices and lead it toward better things, this function can be more fully performed by this art, which also provides extraordinary intellectual pleasure. - Nicolaus Copernicus

4. I was making almost minimum wage on 'The Young and the Restless.' But it was my first job, so I accepted my first quote. I had a great time on it, and it obviously led me to better things. - Eva Longoria

5. I have got better things to do in working with my athletes who I feel are going to be involved in 2012. - Linford Christie

6. I have the opportunity to be part of swimming history. To take the sport to a new level would be an honor for me. There's no better time to try this than now. - Michael Phelps

7. Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

8. I am insecure about tomorrow. Will I get another job? Will it be appreciated? I will pursue acting for as long as I have a face and body that is acceptable to the people, but I still worry that if I don't do better tomorrow, it will all go away. - Amitabh Bachchan

9. No better way is there to learn to love Nature than to understand Art. It dignifies every flower of the field. And, the boy who sees the thing of beauty which a bird on the wing becomes when transferred to wood or canvas will probably not throw the customary stone. - Oscar Wilde

10. Ava Gardner was the most beautiful woman in the world, and it's wonderful that she didn't cut up her face. She addressed aging by picking up her chin and receiving the light in a better way. And she looked like a woman. She never tried to look like a girl. - Sharon Stone

11. Allow children to be happy in their own way, for what better way will they find? Samuel Johnson

12. If you actually want to change your world, there is a better way of doing it than blowing yourself up. Salman Rushdie.

Better-Way-sign-1-300x199.jpg?resize=788%2C523

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer