Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-30 18:35:33

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Beyond Quotes - II

Beyond Quotes - II

1. Many people know so little about what is beyond their short range of experience. They look within themselves - and find nothing! Therefore they conclude that there is nothing outside themselves either. - Helen Keller

2. Politicians also have no leisure, because they are always aiming at something beyond political life itself, power and glory, or happiness. - Aristotle

3. While on top of Everest, I looked across the valley towards the great peak Makalu and mentally worked out a route about how it could be climbed. It showed me that even though I was standing on top of the world, it wasn't the end of everything. I was still looking beyond to other interesting challenges. - Edmund Hillary

4. Hypocrisy can afford to be magnificent in its promises, for never intending to go beyond promise, it costs nothing. - Edmund Burke

5. Politicians also have no leisure, because they are always aiming at something beyond political life itself, power and glory, or happiness. - Aristotle

6. A pity beyond all telling is hid in the heart of love. - William Butler Yeats

7. God does not die on the day when we cease to believe in a personal deity, but we die on the day when our lives cease to be illumined by the steady radiance, renewed daily, of a wonder, the source of which is beyond all reason. - Dag Hammarskjold

8. In my opinion, there is no aspect of reality beyond the reach of the human mind. - Stephen Hawking

9. The supreme function of reason is to show man that some things are beyond reason. - Blaise Pascal

10. Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don't start measuring her limbs. - Pablo Picasso

11. God, as Truth, has been for me a treasure beyond price. May He be so to every one of us. - Mahatma Gandhi

12. It is a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters any more. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace. - George Bernard Shaw

13. Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak. - John Adams

14. This is absolutely bizarre that we continue to subsidize highways beyond the gasoline tax, airlines, and we don't subsidize, we don't want to subsidize a national rail system that has environmental impact. - Joe Biden

15. God... a being whose only definition is that he is beyond man's power to conceive. - Ayn Rand

16. Sin is too stupid to see beyond itself. - Alfred Lord Tennyson

17. Circumstances are beyond human control, but our conduct is in our own power. - Benjamin Disraeli

18. Share your profits with all your associates, and treat them as partners. In turn, they will treat you as a partner, and together you will all perform beyond your wildest expectations. - Sam Walton

19. For a true writer, each book should be a new beginning where he tries again for something that is beyond attainment. He should always try for something that has never been done or that others have tried and failed. Then sometimes, with great luck, he will succeed. - Ernest Hemingway

20. Poverty is multidimensional. It extends beyond money incomes to education, health care, political participation and advancement of one's own culture and social organisation. - Atal Bihari Vajpayee

21. I walk every day, and I look at the mountains and the fields and the small city, and I say: 'Oh my God, what a blessing.' Then you realise it's important to put it in a context beyond this woman, this man, this city, this country, this universe. - Paulo Coelho

22. Destiny grants us our wishes, but in its own way, in order to give us something beyond our wishes. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

23. My father's death, my move, and my frightening and difficult delivery created a tremendous amount of stress, pain, and sadness for me. I was practically devastated beyond recovery. - Brooke Shields

24. Actually, you have to be a little bit in love with your leading man and vice versa. If you're going to portray love, you have to feel it. You can't do it any other way. But you don't carry it beyond the set. - Audrey Hepburn

25. There is a wisdom in this beyond the rules of physic: a man's own observation what he finds good of and what he finds hurt of is the best physic to preserve health. - Francis Bacon

26. I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart. - Hector Hugh Munro

27. I think that a man should not live beyond the age when he begins to deteriorate, when the flame that lighted the brightest moment of his life has weakened. - Fidel Castro

28. Every experience is a paradox in that it means to be absolute, and yet is relative; in that it somehow always goes beyond itself and yet never escapes itself. - T. S. Eliot

29. A permanent base on Mars would have a number of advantages beyond being a bonanza for planetary science and geology. If, as some evidence suggests, exotic micro-organisms have arisen independently of terrestrial life, studying them could revolutionise biology, medicine and biotechnology. - Paul Davies

30. Each generation goes further than the generation preceding it because it stands on the shoulders of that generation. You will have opportunities beyond anything we've ever known. - Ronald Reagan

31. Occurrences in this domain are beyond the reach of exact prediction because of the variety of factors in operation, not because of any lack of order in nature. - Albert Einstein

32. Books were my pass to personal freedom. I learned to read at age three, and soon discovered there was a whole world to conquer that went beyond our farm in Mississippi. - Oprah Winfrey

33. We will build new ships to carry man forward into the universe, to gain a new foothold on the moon and to prepare for new journeys to the worlds beyond our own. - George W. Bush

34. I'm sure the feeling of fear, as long as you can take advantage of it and not be rendered useless by it, can make you extend yourself beyond what you would regard as your capacity. If you're afraid, the blood seems to flow freely through the veins, and you really do feel a sense of stimulation. - Edmund Hillary

35. In each action we must look beyond the action at our past, present, and future state, and at others whom it affects, and see the relations of all those things. And then we shall be very cautious. - Blaise Pascal

36. I have always been driven to buck the system, to innovate, to take things beyond where they've been. - Sam Walton

37. We Americans think, in every country in transition, there's a Thomas Jefferson hiding behind some rock or a James Madison beyond one sand dune. - Joe Biden

38. Any poet, if he is to survive beyond his 25th year, must alter; he must seek new literary influences; he will have different emotions to express. - T. S. Eliot

39. I am blessed beyond reason with women friends. - Jane Fonda

40. No one even knows one percent of the fabulous history of Man; but thanks to history, we know about occurrences that go beyond the limits of the imaginable. - Fidel Castro

41. Nothing is as approved as mediocrity, the majority has established it and it fixes its fangs on whatever gets beyond it either way. - Blaise Pascal

42. By 2018, an estimated 63 percent of all new U.S. jobs will require workers with an education beyond high school. For our young people to get those jobs, they first need to graduate from high school ready to start a postsecondary education. - Bill Gates.

beyond-logo-rgb.png?format=1500w

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer