Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-01 17:48:46

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Big Quotes - I

Big Quotes - 1

1. Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far. - Theodore Roosevelt

2. Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live! - Bob Marley

3. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. - Winston Churchill

4. If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude. - Colin Powell

5. I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love. - Marilyn Monroe

6. Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. - Steve Jobs

7. A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford

8. We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it. - Abraham Lincoln

9. Philosophy is common sense with big words. - James Madison

10. God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best. - Voltaire

11. Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. And man can be as big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. - John F. Kennedy

12. We proved that we are still a people capable of doing big things and tackling our biggest challenges. - Barack Obama

13. Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee, and I'll forgive Thy great big joke on me. - Robert Frost

14. Climate change does not respect border; it does not respect who you are - rich and poor, small and big. Therefore, this is what we call 'global challenges,' which require global solidarity. - Ban Ki-moon

15. I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself. - Ronald Reagan

16. Don't use words too big for the subject. Don't say 'infinitely' when you mean 'very'; otherwise you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis

17. Figuring out what the next big trend is tells us what we should focus on. - Mark Zuckerberg

18. If what you have done yesterday still looks big to you, you haven't done much today. - Mikhail Gorbachev

19. We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance. - Harrison Ford

20. Probably because I'm from a middle class family, I have that nature in me that I don't get too excited with big things. - Virat Kohli

21. Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves. - Dale Carnegie

22. I can honestly say - and it's a big surprise to me - that I have never had a dream about being on the moon. - Neil Armstrong

23. If you want small changes in your life, work on your attitude. But if you want big and primary changes, work on your paradigm. - Stephen Covey

24. The world is changing very fast. Big will not beat small anymore. It will be the fast beating the slow. - Rupert Murdoch

25. If you lose a big fight, it will worry you all of your life. It will plague you - until you get your revenge. - Muhammad Ali

26. Regarding marriage, it - somehow, it didn't happen. One fellow in such a big family not getting married is not an issue. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

27. You've got to think about big things while you're doing small things, so that all the small things go in the right direction. - Alvin Toffler

28. There are no big problems, there are just a lot of little problems. - Henry Ford

29. I would say to always follow your dream. And dream big because my whole career, including any of the things that I've accomplished, I never thought in a million years that I would be here. So it just proves that once you believe in yourself, and you put your mind to something, you can do it. - Simone Biles

30. We've had three big ideas at Amazon that we've stuck with for 18 years, and they're the reason we're successful: Put the customer first. Invent. And be patient. - Jeff Bezos

31. I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. - J. K. Rowling

32. It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas. - George W. Bush

33. If you get to my age in life and nobody thinks well of you, I don't care how big your bank account is, your life is a disaster. - Warren Buffett

34. As you get older, your tastes get simpler. I like a sleek evening dress with a pair of big earrings. That's all. - Ivana Trump

35. Good planning is important. I've also regarded a sense of humor as one of the most important things on a big expedition. When you're in a difficult or dangerous situation, or when you're depressed about the chances of success, someone who can make you laugh eases the tension. - Edmund Hillary

36. You can always amend a big plan, but you can never expand a little one. I don't believe in little plans. I believe in plans big enough to meet a situation which we can't possibly foresee now. -Harry S Truman.

opposite-adjectives-words-with-big-small_1308-53856.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer