Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-02 15:38:44

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Big Quotes - II

Big Quotes - II

1. Governments will always play a huge part in solving big problems. They set public policy and are uniquely able to provide the resources to make sure solutions reach everyone who needs them. They also fund basic research, which is a crucial component of the innovation that improves life for everyone. - Bill Gates

2. Bangladesh is not a rich country, but we have a big heart. - Sheikh Hasina

3. I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot... when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result. - Michael Jordan

4. There can be hope only for a society which acts as one big family, not as many separate ones. - Anwar Sadat

5. Have a bias toward action - let's see something happen now. You can break that big plan into small steps and take the first step right away. - Indira Gandhi

6. If the rate of expansion one second after the Big Bang had been smaller by even one part in a hundred thousand million million, it would have recollapsed before it reached its present size. On the other hand, if it had been greater by a part in a million, the universe would have expanded too rapidly for stars and planets to form. - Stephen Hawking

7. We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

8. I've never written a song in my life. It's all a big hoax. - Elvis Presley

9. My first job is big sister and I take that very seriously. - Venus Williams

10. I've never seen anywhere in the world as beautiful as Kashmir. It has something to do with the fact that the valley is very small and the mountains are very big, so you have this miniature countryside surrounded by the Himalayas, and it's just spectacular. And it's true, the people are very beautiful too. - Salman Rushdie

11. A few good words don't just make your day but they also give the sense of belonging and confidence to take the next big step forward. - I welcome and seek your ideas, but do not bring me small ideas; bring me big ideas to match our future. - Ravi Shastri

12. I welcome and seek your ideas, but do not bring me small ideas; bring me big ideas to match our future. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

13. I had a period when I was sixteen where I started to get a big head. I was going through puberty, and I was nominated for an Academy Award. My head got inflated. My friends were the real ones who said, 'You're acting different.' But the truth is that I don't need that, because I don't get out of hand. - Leonardo DiCaprio

14. There's a big, wonderful world out there for you. It belongs to you. It's exciting and stimulating and rewarding. Don't cheat yourselves out of this promise. - Nancy Reagan

15. Just be nice to me while I am doing the scene; that is all. I don't want big cars, I don't want big hotel rooms. - Shah Rukh Khan

16. Friendship is an arrangement by which we undertake to exchange small favors for big ones. - Montesquieu

17. U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt has been described as founder of the Bull Moose Party, the man who led his troops up San Juan Hill in the Spanish-American War, a big game hunter, family man, civic servant and a host of other things. - Zig Ziglar

18. I fear those big words which make us so unhappy. - James Joyce

19. You can't jump from little things to big things. It just takes time and patience. - Nadia Comaneci

20. I'm a big fan of dreams. Unfortunately, dreams are our first casualty in life - people seem to give them up, quicker than anything, for a 'reality.' - Kevin Costner

21. I feel like I just grabbed a big juicy worm with a right sharp hook in the middle of it. - Lyndon B. Johnson

22. I'm blonde and tanned and normal-sized! I'm sweet, shy, funny, have a big heart and I'm nice - and I like to eat. - Paris Hilton

23. Our small and peaceful country is threatened daily by covetous and bigoted big powers whose hunger for domination and control of other nations and their resources knows no bounds. - Robert Mugabe

24. My whole life has been one big improvisation. - Clint Eastwood

25. I am a big foodie, so much so that I eat in every half an hour. This is the secret of my glowing skin. - Deepika Padukone

26. I'm not strictly vegetarian, but meat doesn't play a big part in my diet. - Katie Holmes

27. In terms of playing ability there is nothing to choose between number one and 100. Instead, it's a question of who believes and who wants it more? Which player is mentally stronger? Which player is going to fight the hardest in the big points? These are the things that determine who is the champion. - Novak Djokovic

28. I am a big movie buff. So, I make sure I watch two-three movies a week, not many because I don't want to get addicted. - Smriti Mandhana

29. The problem is that at a lot of big companies, process becomes a substitute for thinking. You're encouraged to behave like a little gear in a complex machine. Frankly, it allows you to keep people who aren't that smart, who aren't that creative. - Elon Musk

30. My goal was never to just create a company. A lot of people misinterpret that, as if I don't care about revenue or profit or any of those things. But what not being just a company means to me is not being just that - building something that actually makes a really big change in the world. - Mark Zuckerberg

31. I am personally a big believer that technology is the biggest driver of human development, and if you can use technology to benefit people, then that's the best business you can have. - Mukesh Ambani

32. Many leaders of big organizations, I think, don't believe that change is possible. But if you look at history, things do change, and if your business is static, you're likely to have issues. - Larry Page

33. There are expectations in everyone's lives. It might be small or big, but then you cannot forget to prioritise what is important and try to focus when it is really needed. - Mithali Raj

34. Forget the image, forget the ensemble, forget the rumours, forget the short skirts, the big hair, whatever! I owe this to the fans and I will never forget you so I want to accept this award on behalf of all of you. - Mariah Carey

35. The hunger to win must not die... The appetite has to remain big. - Kapil Dev

36. When lorry drivers come up behind me and I'm cycling, innocently keeping to my side of the road, and they decide because they are so big, and their lorry is so powerful, and they just want to clear me out of the road, and they hoot aggressively, then I do see red a bit. I do. - Boris Johnson.

d143d80dbcb1b39485f19a1a2b8a4c38.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer