Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-26 17:42:32

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Blind Quotes - I

Blind Quotes - I

1. Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play. - Immanuel Kant

2. An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. - Mahatma Gandhi

3. The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision. - Helen Keller

4. Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a blind person. - Chanakya

5. That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

6. In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. - Blaise Pascal

7. Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. - Albert Einstein

8. Necessity is blind until it becomes conscious. Freedom is the consciousness of necessity. - Karl Marx

9. As a blind man has no idea of colors, so have we no idea of the manner by which the all-wise God perceives and understands all things. - Isaac Newton

10. I believe any success in life is made by going into an area with a blind, furious optimism. - Sylvester Stallone

11. The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it. - George Bernard Shaw

12. Until justice is blind to color, until education is unaware of race, until opportunity is unconcerned with the color of men's skins, emancipation will be a proclamation but not a fact. - Lyndon B. Johnson

13. What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed? - Michelangelo

14. To be blind is not miserable; not to be able to bear blindness, that is miserable. - John Milton

15. It is not love that should be depicted as blind, but self-love. - Voltaire

16. Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed. - Bruce Springsteen

17. The Hebrews have done more to civilize men than any other nation. If I were an atheist, and believed blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations. - John Adams

18. Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined. Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind. - William Blake

19. It is the eye of other people that ruin us. If I were blind I would want, neither fine clothes, fine houses or fine furniture. - Benjamin Franklin

20. Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. - William Shakespeare

21. You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It's just a matter of paying attention to this miracle. - Paulo Coelho

22. Painting is a blind man's profession. He paints not what he sees, but what he feels, what he tells himself about what he has seen. - Pablo Picasso

23. The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin. - Thomas Huxley

24. I have only one eye, I have a right to be blind sometimes... I really do not see the signal! - Horatio Nelson

25. Hatred is blind, as well as love. - Oscar Wilde

26. It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. - T. S. Eliot

27. If you are the master be sometimes blind, if you are the servant be sometimes deaf. - R. Buckminster Fuller

28. The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine to myself would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

29. Love is not blind. Romance is. Romance is the most dangerous thing. Romance is like an illusion. It shows you things, and you hear things that don't exist. - Hrithik Roshan

30. Do not keep saying to yourself, if you can possibly avoid it, 'But how can it be like that?' because you will get 'down the drain,' into a blind alley from which nobody has yet escaped. Nobody knows how it can be like that. - Richard P. Feynman.

mathru2.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer