Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-25 17:25:26

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Book Quotes - III

Book Quotes - III

1. A bad book is the worse that it cannot repent. It has not been the devil's policy to keep the masses of mankind in ignorance; but finding that they will read, he is doing all in his power to poison their books. - John Kenneth Galbraith

2. For a true writer, each book should be a new beginning where he tries again for something that is beyond attainment. He should always try for something that has never been done or that others have tried and failed. Then sometimes, with great luck, he will succeed. - Ernest Hemingway

3. I believe that a government has only one religion - India first. A government has only one holy book - our Constitution. A government has only one kind of devotion - towards nation. - Narendra Modi

4. It took me 40 years to write my first book. When I was a child, I was encouraged to go to school. I was not encouraged to follow the career of a writer because my parents thought that I was going to starve to death. - Paulo Coelho

5. Unprovided with original learning, unformed in the habits of thinking, unskilled in the arts of composition, I resolved to write a book. - Edward Gibbon

6. Yes, there is a terrible moral in 'Dorian Gray' - a moral which the prurient will not be able to find in it, but it will be revealed to all whose minds are healthy. Is this an artistic error? I fear it is. It is the only error in the book. - Oscar Wilde

7. When I read a book I seem to read it with my eyes only, but now and then I come across a passage, perhaps only a phrase, which has a meaning for me, and it becomes part of me. - W. Somerset Maugham

8. It is no great art to say something briefly when, like Tacitus, one has something to say; when one has nothing to say, however, and none the less writes a whole book and makes truth into a liar - that I call an achievement. - Horace

9. The book is not really the container for the book. The book itself is the narrative. It's the thing that people create. - Jeff Bezos

10. I've been asked this question so many times, do you feel you need to write a book for adults? No, I don't need to write a book for adults. - J. K. Rowling

11. A bad book is as much of a labor to write as a good one, it comes as sincerely from the author's soul. - Aldous Huxley

12. Who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image, but thee who destroys a good book, kills reason its self. - John Milton

13. Ideally a book would have no order to it, and the reader would have to discover his own. - Mark Twain

14. There is no rule book, no right or wrong; you just have to make it up and do the very best you can to care for your family. - Kate Middleton

15. Every book is a quotation; and every house is a quotation out of all forests, and mines, and stone quarries; and every man is a quotation from all his ancestors. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

16. I am being frank about myself in this book. I tell of my first mistake on page 850. - Henry Kissinger

17. The book salesman should be honored because he brings to our attention, as a rule, the very books we need most and neglect most. - Confucius

18. I am mortified to be told that, in the United States of America, the sale of a book can become a subject of inquiry, and of criminal inquiry too. - Thomas Jefferson

19. I am not in the least eloquent or fluent with languages. My writing on social media is quite pedestrian. But even if it was near any acceptability, I would not be in a position to pen a script or a book. - Amitabh Bachchan

20. I can't bear art that you can walk round and admire. A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd. - D. H. Lawrence.

BestBooks.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer