Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-01 20:02:47

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Boundary Quotes - I

Boundary Quotes

1. So long as the universe had a beginning, we could suppose it had a creator. But if the universe is really completely self-contained, having no boundary or edge, it would have neither beginning nor end: it would simply be. What place, then, for a creator? - Stephen Hawking

2. Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition. - Alan Turing

3. The boundary between space and the earth is purely arbitrary. And I'll probably always be interested in this planet - it's my favorite. - Carl Sagan

4. The redwood is the glory of the Coast Range. It extends along the western slope, in a nearly continuous belt about ten miles wide, from beyond the Oregon boundary to the south of Santa Cruz, a distance of nearly four hundred miles, and in massive, sustained grandeur and closeness of growth surpasses all the other timber woods of the world. - John Muir

5. Anyone who goes to space tried to look at his own country first, but soon it appears that there is no boundary between the countries and the entire world is one family where our destinies are integrated. - Rakesh Sharma

6. There is a boundary to men's passions when they act from feelings; but none when they are under the influence of imagination. - Edmund Burke

7. The golden thread of reason that used to be stretched taut to mark the boundary between the known and the unknown is now routinely disrespected. - Al Gore

8. I like to take wickets and see wickets and chances and I think in T20 cricket you have to risk a boundary to take a wicket. - Stuart Broad

9. The batsman does not always need to create big hits. He can hit a boundary, then pick up some singles and still gets nine runs. To avoid that, I need to plan in a way where he must look to hit wherever there is a fielder. That is what is called 'bowling to the field.' - Harbhajan Singh

10. We have a nanny in the house, but there are always times when one of my kids does something bad or wrong, and they'll listen to me more than they do the nanny. So I think it's important to set up that boundary of respect for them at a young age, so they will know, 'I better listen to Mommy.' - Britney Spears

11. If you ask me, a batsman has very few opportunities as compared to a bowler. A bowler knows, if he gets hit for a six or a boundary, he has another delivery left to get back and take a wicket. For a batsman, one loose shot, and you are out. A bowler will always have 24 opportunities. - Gautam Gambhir

12. An IPL match may be decided when the ball passes inches beyond the grasp of a fielder on the boundary or when a direct hit catches a batsman inches short of the crease. - AB de Villiers.

boundaries.jpg?format=1000w

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer