Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-10 20:29:31

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bowling Quotes - III

Bowling Quotes - III

1. Dotting teams up and bowling maidens back to back cannot be underestimated in Australian conditions because it gives you control of the game. - Glenn McGrath

2. I bowled in tandem with Brett Lee, who produced some fast, fiery spells. When you've got someone bowling up above 90mph, it has a fear factor that not many people really enjoy. - Glenn McGrath

3. If you continually watch yourself do something well, it has a positive effect. If you sat down and watched yourself bowling, batting or fielding badly, it will probably have the equal effect. - Glenn McGrath

4. I loved playing at Lord's - I ended up with 26 wickets at 11.50 from three Tests there. Maybe the wicket, because of the slope, was perfect for my style of bowling. - Glenn McGrath

5. Is there a secret to bowling at the Waca? In a way the secret is that there is no secret. Like any ground in the world, it's all about feel. - Glenn McGrath

6. Bowling was my natural skill. I didn't know how I was doing it, but I was spinning it miles and bamboozling people. - Nasser Hussain

7. From the age of eight until 15 or 16, every time I was out bowling leg spin I was thinking about my dad and when you've done that it stays with you. There are lots of things he did which enabled me to be the player that I was. It wasn't me that wanted to be a cricketer. He made me 90 per cent of the player I was and the person I was. - Nasser Hussain

8. It's not easy bowling off-spin in one-day internationals with only five men allowed on the leg side. - Nasser Hussain

9. For Leicestershire, through the age groups, I didn't bowl at all. My height was below average for my age up until 17 when I had a big growth spurt. My bowling kicked on from there because I could get bounce from a fuller length and shape the ball away. - Stuart Broad

10. I always loved bowling. - Stuart Broad

11. My batting took some time to develop - I was batting at No. 10 initially but my bowling took off. - Ravi Shastri

12. Each bowler has his own pride when bowling in the nets but it's vital that you get ball on bat and then you are ready to use the opportunity when you are out in the middle. - Viv Richards.

018d5-1513339164-800.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer