Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-12 17:23:52

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bowls and Bows Quotes

Bowls and Bows Quotes

1. A few years ago, the city council of Monza, Italy, barred pet owners from keeping goldfish in curved bowls... saying that it is cruel to keep a fish in a bowl with curved sides because, gazing out, the fish would have a distorted view of reality. But how do we know we have the true, undistorted picture of reality? - Stephen Hawking

2. Almost every bowler bowls a slower ball, but not many can be deceptive. A slower ball can only be deceptive if it is different, if it is floating, swinging. - Bhuvneshwar Kumar

3. Almost every bowler bowls a slower ball, but not many can be deceptive. A slower ball can only be deceptive if it is different, if it is floating, swinging. - Bhuvneshwar Kumar

4. It is impossible to run in the whole day bowling at 90mph. If you can show me someone who does it then fair play. But I've not seen any bowler who bowls 90mph do it for a whole day. - Jofra Archer

5. You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth. - Khalil Gibran.

IC-BOWL1-10CM-CC11_01_e10ed44e-f304-41cd-876a-69e7bb1439cc_1100x.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer