Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-18 19:00:11

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Boy Quotes - III

Boy Quotes - III

1. In the third grade, a nun stuffed me in a garbage can under her desk because she said that's where I belonged. I also had the distinction of being the only altar boy knocked down by a priest during mass. - Bruce Springsteen

2. It was very unusual for a boy to play tennis in my country. - Novak Djokovic

3. One thing that was amazing about World War II was that everybody signed up for the duration plus six months. Fliers got to leave combat after 25 missions, or 35 missions, but other than that, you were in it. You were part of the great effort, until, oh boy, six months after it was over. - Tom Hanks

4. The Olympic Gold medal in 1968 was definitely the highest moment of my career. It was a dream come true. I was a 19-year-old boy, and it was just amazing to be standing on top of the podium and hearing the National Anthem in the background. - George Foreman

5. I definitely went through my magic phase. I think all little boys do at some point or another - they get fascinated by magic tricks. - Nicolas Cage

6. Before I was born, my father told my mother, 'If it's a boy, he's going to be a scientist.' - Richard P. Feynman

7. As a young boy, I was obsessed with endangered species and the extinct species that men killed off. Biology was the subject in school that I was incredibly passionate about. - Leonardo DiCaprio

8. Honestly, I like everything, boyish girls, girlish boys, the heavy and the skinny. - Angelina Jolie

9. In my school, the brightest boys did math and physics, the less bright did physics and chemistry, and the least bright did biology. I wanted to do math and physics, but my father made me do chemistry because he thought there would be no jobs for mathematicians. - Stephen Hawking

10. The method of instruction in Scouting is that of creating in the boy the desire to learn for himself. - Robert Baden-Powell

11. The army teaches boys to think like men. - Elvis Presley

12. You may think it was a very little thing, and in these days it seems to me like a trifle, but it was a most important incident in my life. I could scarcely credit that I, the poor boy, had earned a dollar in less than a day; that by honest work, I had earned a dollar. I was a more hopeful and thoughtful boy from that time. - Abraham Lincoln.

1019SFTHCixGreene_SC.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer