Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-10 22:40:01

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bred Quotes

Bred Quotes

1. The well bred contradict other people. The wise contradict themselves. - Oscar Wilde

2. Good manners is the art of making those people easy with whom we converse. Whoever makes the fewest people uneasy is the best bred in the room. - Jonathan Swift

3. There is a sort of jealousy which needs very little fire; it is hardly a passion, but a blight bred in the cloudy, damp despondency of uneasy egoism. - George Eliot

4. My parents survived the Great Depression and brought me up to live within my means, save some for tomorrow, share and don't be greedy, work hard for the necessities in life knowing that money does not make you better or more important than anyone else. So, extravagance has been bred out of my DNA. - David Suzuki

5. If we must have a tyrant, let him at least be a gentleman who has been bred to the business, and let us fall by the axe and not by the butcher's cleaver. - Lord Byron

6. It was just bred in me that I would not back down to guys who were bigger than me. - Ben Stokes

7. But whoever gives birth to useless children, what would you say of him except that he has bred sorrows for himself, and furnishes laughter for his enemies. - Sophocles.

ggk6dj7dgon61.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=7881a9fa5b07e0231d700b136b4e808e02b4184a

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer