Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-08 16:51:48

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Certain Quotes - III

Certain Quotes - III

1. A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it. - Alexandre Dumas

2. Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees. - Victor Hugo

3. I don't believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates. - T. S. Eliot

4. Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace. - Theodore Roosevelt

5. Swans sing before they die - 'twere no bad thing should certain persons die before they sing. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

6. I'm not really conservative. I'm conservative on certain things. I believe in less government. I believe in fiscal responsibility and all those things that maybe Republicans used to believe in but don't any more. - Clint Eastwood

7. We will have to accept a certain degree of legal immigration; that's globalisation... In the era of the smartphone, we cannot shut ourselves away... people know full well how we live in Europe. - Angela Merkel

8. You can have a certain arrogance, and I think that's fine, but what you should never lose is the respect for the others. - Steffi Graf

9. A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him. - Aesop

10. Curiosity is one of the most permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect. - Samuel Johnson

11. Mathematics is a game played according to certain simple rules with meaningless marks on paper. - David Hilbert

12. Self-respect, dignity and grace are very important. You may look a certain way or come from a certain background but when you have these three qualities you stand apart from the crowd. - Esha Deol.

67602978-certain-stamp-sign-text-word-logo-red.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer