Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-16 17:17:27

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Certain Quotes - XI

Certain Quotes - XI

1. We all sort of do want incentives for creative people to still exist at a certain level. You know, maybe rock stars shouldn't make as much; who knows? But you want as much creativity to take place in the future as took place in the past. - Bill Gates

2. Nine-tenths of tactics are certain, and taught in books: but the irrational tenth is like the kingfisher flashing across the pool, and that is the test of generals. - T. E. Lawrence

3. It just seems like a religion that is perfect for people who feel like they need a grounding, who feels that the world has run off on them. I've discussed this with Scientologists, and they don't disagree. So, for a certain type of person, that's great. - Russell Crowe

4. I am saying this with a certain sense of confidence and not arrogance. The defence ministry is being run without any middleman and in a transparent way. We have proved that defence procurement can happen without middlemen. - Nirmala Sitharaman

5. I never thought I'd have children; I never thought I'd be in love, I never thought I'd meet the right person. Having come from a broken home - you kind of accept that certain things feel like a fairy tale, and you just don't look for them. - Angelina Jolie

6. So far as hypotheses are concerned, let no one expect anything certain from astronomy, which cannot furnish it, lest he accept as the truth ideas conceived for another purpose, and depart from this study a greater fool than when he entered it. - Nicolaus Copernicus

7. Any politician is to a certain degree a mentor. They preach something. - Dmitry Medvedev

8. With any recovery from morbidity there must go a certain healthy humiliation. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

9. The love in the old days had a certain grace, quintessential feel to it. Now everybody is busy in their phones. - Jackie Shroff

10. Truthfully, I'm proud of each of my films in a certain way. - Chuck Norris

11. The challenge itself is to exceed certain high standards you've set for yourself. - Dimple Kapadia

12. If we have an atom that is in an excited state and so is going to emit a photon, we cannot say when it will emit the photon. It has a certain amplitude to emit the photon at any time, and we can predict only a probability for emission; we cannot predict the future exactly. - Richard P. Feynman

13. I had this sort of idolatry for certain actors who preceded me, people who inspired me, so I'm honored to be that way for young actors. - Meryl Streep

14. Once you have a computer that can do a few things - strictly speaking, one that has a certain 'sufficient set' of basic procedures - it can do basically anything any other computer can do. This, loosely, is the basis of the great principle of 'Universality'. - Richard P. Feynman.

OIP.S9kML29EAupZN3CBgwV3VAHaE7?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer