Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-20 18:13:07

juliej

New forums

Dear all,

I wish to announce the creation of http://www.mymathforum.com featuring various forums dedicated to mathematics.

Regards,

JS

Moved to Maths Resources - Ricky

#2 2006-11-20 19:32:02

Devantè
Real Member

Re: New forums

Please do not promote your forum here by advertising in several places.

#3 2006-11-20 19:47:37

Ricky

That's not entirely true, Devante.  This site is for the purpose of teaching math and helping others with math.  While I'm only a mod, I'm fairly sure MathIsFun doesn't care so much about traffic levels now that we have thousands of visitors.  That being said, providing other math resources such as articles, tutorials, and forums can help others with math.

However, there is a considerable difference between someone such as myself, with over 100 posts (that is an arbitrary number) mentioning a forum, and someone signing up just to advertise.  Only time will tell of juliej's intentions.

For now, it will be allowed.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#4 2006-11-20 19:53:09

Devantè
Real Member

OK. Just that it seems a little unneccessary to post the same thing in four different places. But yes, we will see if juliej chooses to abide by the MathsIsFun Code of Conduct.

#5 2006-11-20 19:58:00

Ricky

I did not see at the time above that it was in fact posted in four places, I was under the impression it was only two.  For future notice, only respond to one.  This way, the proper topic may be moved and the others can be deleted.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#6 2006-11-20 20:17:44

Devantè
Real Member

OK, thanks. I'll just report them, next time, so that we don't end up with several duplicated threads.

#7 2006-11-23 20:03:06

MathsIsFun
Administrator

I deleted the duplicate posts, but left this one, just to be kind.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#8 2006-11-23 20:16:29

Devantè
Real Member

There's a user registered there under the name of 'Soha'. That wouldn't happen to be the 'soha' that is registered at MathsIsFun, would it...?

big_smile

#9 2016-12-15 21:14:11

Monox D. I-Fly

juliej wrote:

Dear all,

I wish to announce the creation of http://www.mymathforum.com featuring various forums dedicated to mathematics.

Regards,

JS

Moved to Maths Resources - Ricky

Hey! I am a member there even long before I joined this site! big_smile
Didn't expect that MIF was actually older than MMF, though.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#10 2017-04-04 02:07:25

math9maniac

Monox D. I-Fl wrote:

I'm confused. Are you saying or not that MIF is older? Welll, I know MIF to be over ten years old.

juliej wrote:

Why does the above website look so much like www.mathisfunforum.com? The colours, page layout, fonts.... Is it a subsidiary of MIF or just someone else trying to plagiarize?

Only a friend tells you your face is dirty.

#11 2017-04-04 15:37:04

Monox D. I-Fly

math9maniac wrote:
Monox D. I-Fl wrote:

I'm confused. Are you saying or not that MIF is older? Welll, I know MIF to be over ten years old.

Not, I was just saying that I have joined MMF long before I joined MIF, that's why I thought that MMF was older than MIF. Turned out that I was wrong.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

Board footer